Canvas for Students
Things to know during the transition from Blackboard to Canvas:
- You may be required to login to Canvas for one or more classes beginning in Fall 2018. Only a small number of instructors will begin using Canvas Fall 2018 and more will adopt Canvas during Spring 2019.
- All courses will be on Canvas beginning Summer 2019.
- Canvas is user-friendly. It is easy to navigate and use.
- Be sure to set your notification preferences in Canvas. Otherwise, you may miss important course announcements.
How do I get help with Canvas?
Additional information will be coming but in the meantime, here are some guides to help you get started.
Core Canvas Introductory Videos
- Canvas Overview
- Assignments Overview
- Rich Content Editor
Additional Canvas Introductory Videos
- Groups: Creation & Interaction
- Notification Preferences
- Peer Reviews
- User Settings & Profile Picture
Getting Started Guides
- How do I use the Dashboard?
- How do I view my Canvas courses?
- How do I use the Course Home Page as a student?
- Why can't I access my Course as a student?
- Will Canvas work on my mobile device?
- What are Profile and User Settings?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- How do I connect to web services outside of Canvas?
- How do I customize my Courses list?
- How do I change the language preference in my user account?
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I view my grades in a current course?
- How do I use the Calendar?
- What is Conversations?
- How do I reply to a discussion as a student?