Canvas for Students
Things to know during the transition from Blackboard to Canvas:
- Login into Canvas at fresnostate.instructure.com
- Remember, you may have classes on both Blackboard and Canvas during spring semester.
- All courses will be on Canvas beginning intersession/summer 2019.
- All students will have Canvas accounts by the end of February. Self-enroll in the Canvas orientation: https://fresnostate.instructure.com/enroll/A9RHAD
How do I get help with Canvas?
Contact the Academic Technology Resource Center for Canvas help. They are located on the second floor of the Henry Madden Library in the Center for Faculty Excellence. You can also call them (278-7373) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help.
Core Canvas Introductory Videos
- Canvas Overview
- Assignments Overview
- Rich Content Editor
Additional Canvas Introductory Videos
- Groups: Creation & Interaction
- Notification Preferences
- Peer Reviews
- User Settings & Profile Picture
Getting Started Guides
- How do I use the Dashboard?
- How do I view my Canvas courses?
- How do I use the Course Home Page as a student?
- Why can't I access my Course as a student?
- Will Canvas work on my mobile device?
- What are Profile and User Settings?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- How do I connect to web services outside of Canvas?
- How do I customize my Courses list?
- How do I change the language preference in my user account?
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I view my grades in a current course?
- How do I use the Calendar?
- What is Conversations?
- How do I reply to a discussion as a student?