Fresno State uses Blackboard Ally, a tool that focuses on making digital course content more accessible within our learning management system (LMS). You will find information and guides at the links below for using Blackboard Ally to create accessible content.
- Self-enroll in the Mini Learning Modules found on Canvas and go through the Ally - Accessibility Module
- Ally - Accessibility Awareness
- Ally Training II
You will see Ally indicators next to each file in your course.
- 0 - 33% - Red. The file is not accessible and needs immediate attention.
- 34 - 66% - Orange. The file is somewhat accessible.
- 67 - 99% - Green. The file is accessible but could be improved.
- 100% - Perfect! Dark Green. The file has perfect accessibility.
Don't be alarmed if you see something other than Dark Green indicators! Here are some options available to you to remediate these files.
- Use the Accessibility Checker when creating content.
- Make corrections to the file as suggested by the Ally report in Canvas.
- Request Library Sources. The library may be able to find a digital copy of your document. Email: email@example.com for assistance in this process.
- Request Support from CFE. The Center for Faculty Excellence is here to help fix your files! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your course ID, the assistance you need, and the date this needs to be completed.