Workshops are held in the Center for Faculty Excellence, second floor of the Henry Madden Library unless otherwise noted.
What could be better - a place to work, friendly and knowledgeable helpers, and FOOD! We will help you copy content from Blackboard to Canvas. Register now for one of these dates/times. You are welcome to come and go as needed. Don't forget your device!
Register here for a Copy Party: https://goo.gl/forms/wGBaLLhc3bgaXAVB3
- April 30 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (continental Breakfast at 9, lunch at noon, HML2134)
- May 1 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (continental Breakfast at 9, lunch at noon, HML2134)
HANDS-ON CANVAS WORKSHOPS
Earn badges for attending the Hands-on Workshops! Attend 2 workshops to receive a Bronze badge, 4 for a silver badge and 6 for a Gold Badge!
Register here for Hands-on Workshops: https://forms.gle/4zbEMuv6VeKSRqgr5
Getting Started with Canvas (1 1/2 hours BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE)
New to Canvas? This hands-on workshop will go over the tools in Canvas including creating modules, setting up assignments, generating quizzes, and setting up discussions. The workshop is intended to give you the basic tools necessary to build your course content in Canvas. Course communications including notification preferences, announcements, messaging, and more. Managing your gradebook, using SpeedGrader, and communicating via the gradebook will also be addressed along with setting up groups, using sections to better manage your course, and leveraging course analytics.
- Monday, April 29, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. (HML2134)
- Thursday, May 2, 9:30 - 11:00 .m. (HML2134)
- Friday, May 3, 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. (HML2134)
- Saturday, May 4, 9:15 - 10:45 a.m. (HML2134)
- Wednesday, May 29, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, May 30, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 4, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, June 10, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 21, 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
Communication and Collaboration in Canvas (1 1/2 hours BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE)
This workshop will cover the communication and collaboration tools in Canvas to help you manage your class and engage your students. This hands-on workshop will address managing notification preferences, working with announcements, messaging, and grading feedback as well as using discussions and setting up groups for collaborative work.
- Monday, April 29, 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. (HML2134)
- Saturday, May 4, 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (HML2134)
Quizzes, Assignments, and Grading in Canvas (1 hour BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE)
This workshop offers an in-depth look at Canvas' Quiz feature which can be used for everything from general surveys to formal exams. Explore Canvas tools to setup assignments, use rubrics, and manage grades. Learn how to create assignments, how to track assignments submitted in class and how to provide extra credit. We will also review managing and entering grades, creating assignment groups to support weighted grades, grading assignments using rubrics.
- Thursday, May 2, 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (HML2134)
- Friday, May 3, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. (HML2134)
- Saturday, May 4, 12:45 - 2:15 p.m. (HML2134)
Cleaning Up Your Canvas Course (1 1/2 hour BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE)
This workshop covers hiding the areas that aren't needed, cleaning up your files area as well as the assignments and quizzes and generally getting your course ready for prime time!
- Thursday, June 6, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 12, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 21, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.