Separation Resignation, Appointment Ending
- This form is used for temporary faculty member, Teaching Associate, Graduate Assistant, or Instructional Student Assistant was approved (given an appointment notice) during a set period of time and the individual has decided to resign, quit, terminate, or retire either before, during the appointment or at the end of the scheduled appointment.
- Do not use this form for tenured, tenure track, or FERP faculty or when the temporary faculty member or student should be requesting a medical or personal leave of absence.
- For information regarding medical or personal leave of absence, click here
Retirement or FERP -
Notice to retire and participate in FERP should be received by March 1. If March 1 falls on a weekend, the deadline is the Monday following March 1. Participation in FERP shall commence at the beginning of the campus academic year following service retirement.
Sample Retirement Letters
Sample letters click here
- For information regarding Retirement and Employment After Retirement, click here
- For information regarding Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP) and Pre-retirement timebase reduction (PRTB) click here
Separation Checklist for Faculty member resigning, retiring, or ending FERP.
An electronic process for "checking out" from campus was initiated during the 2010-2011 academic year. The instruction page will walk you through the steps, and the checklist sheet gives you a description of items that may show on your list.
- Online checklist through My Fresno State instructions
- Checklist showing tasks and responsibility
CalPERS Website (for Retirees)
- CalPERS 200-002-14 Post Service Retirement Employment Requirements
- Employer Checklist for Hiring CalPERS Retirees (Jan 2014)
Fresno State Faculty Affairs web documents:
- University Emeriti Policy (pdf)
- CalPers Retirement Calculation Formulas (pdf)
- Sample Full Retirement Calculations (pdf)
- Sample FERP Retirement Calculations (pdf)
- CalSTRS Website
- Collective Bargaining Agreement, CFA, Article 29: Faculty Early Retirement Program
- Social Security Administration Website