Temporary Faculty Appointment
Temporary Appointments are recruited through the departments. If there is a subject you may be interested in teaching, please contact the department for the subject.
Some Departments posts an ongoing applicant pool. Please review the university's Fresno State Jobs website for any temporary faculty that may be posted.
If a department does not have a posted vacancy announcement, please contact the department for information on applying for the temporary pool. The university provides an on-line directory to search for departments and phone number.
- Application Form: Submit an application, Curriculum Vitae (resume), cover letter, three current letters of recommendation to the department. Contact department for other materials required.
- Salary Schedule (located under Current & Prospective Faculty)
Temporary Appointment Types
Review the descriptions below. Select the classification that applies to the assignment. Call Faculty Affairs if you need additional guidance.
- Lecturers (Temporary Faculty)
- Graduate Assistant - AY/Monthly
- Immediate Pay classifications (CGE)
- Instructional Student Assistant
- Music Studio Instructors - Contact Music Department
- Nepotism - Sample Memo ( Word)
- Separation and Separation Form
- Substitute Instructor Forms and Policies
- Teaching Associate (use CSU Contract Data)
- Volunteer (Current faculty or new appointments)
16th Unit for Full-Time Temporary Faculty
- To pay a Full-Time Temporary Faculty over 15-units, complete the Additional Pay/Overload form click here.
- Fall 2018 Semester: 8/20/18 - 12/21/18
- Spring 2019 Semester: 1/15/19 - 5/22/19
- AY 2018-2019: 8/20/18 - 5/22/19
- Year 1 of 3: 8/20/18 - 5/31/2021
- Year 2 of 3: 8/20/18 - 5/31/2020
- Year 3 of 3: 8/20/18 - 5/22/2019
Information for Processing
- Fall Contract Timeline Dates (PDF) revised February 2018
- Spring Contract Timeline Dates (PDF) revised November 2018
- How to Update Spring Contract Detail (PDF) November 2018
Faculty Affairs Briefings
- Spring 2018 (PDF)
- New Hire Payroll Intake Packet (available at above link)
- New Hire Payroll Intake Presentation (available at above link)
- New Hire Payroll Paperwork Presentation (available at above link)