Interested in earning a Grant Proposal Certificate? View the requirements here: Read More
Human Subjects Research Ethics and Submitting IRB/CPHS Protocols through Kuali
Thurs., Oct. 28, 2021
1 - 2:30 p.m. via Zoom
This workshop will provide an overview of the CPHS/IRB at Fresno State, guidelines for the ethical conduct of research with human subjects, and the Kuali submission procedure.
Please make sure to register for all classes through CSU Learn at least 24 hours in advance to ensure the Zoom information is added to your calendar.
Strategies for Reviewing Grant Proposals Webcast
Friday, Nov. 12, 2021
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Free live access and will be recorded for later viewing
Participation in the review process provides invaluable lessons about grant writing. Reviewers learn why some proposals rise to the top and why others do not. They understand how scores are derived and how feedback is structured so that they can revise their own declined proposals with less emotion. They notice grant writing strategies that they can apply to their own proposals. Furthermore, they develop a positive relationship with program officers.
Despite all these positive benefits, many hesitate to volunteer as a reviewer for reasons ranging from a lack of time to feeling intimidated by the process.
This webcast will demystify the reviewer process and help raise your comfort and confidence with participating in this important opportunity to become a more proficient grant writer.
- Are you looking for a hands-on way to learn best practices for grant writing?
- Learn strategies for reviewing grant proposals
- Analyze patterns in reviewer feedback
- Are you interested in becoming a grant reviewer for a funder?
- Hear from experts at: National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, National Endowment for the Humanities, US Department of Agriculture, CA Department of Education, and Spencer Foundation
- Do you want to build a stronger relationship with a funding source?
- Interact with program officers by serving on a review panel
- Hear insights about the review panel experience
- How do you stay motivated after receiving negative reviews?
- Learn strategies for mentoring colleagues and co-PIs during the review process
REGISTER by Nov. 10, 2021. When registering, please provide: Full name, Title and Department, Campus, Email address, and any additional topics and questions you would like addressed.
REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION/WEBCAST LINK: You will receive a calendar invite with the webcast link from Leslie Ponciano within a few days after the registration survey is completed.
Please stay tuned for updates regarding workshops via Twitter (@fresnostateRSP) and Instagram (@fresnostatersp).