Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Fall: October 1 to August 1 the following year (Students in the U.S.)
Fall: October 1 to June 1 the following year (Students not in the U.S.)
Spring: August 1 to November 1 (All students)
You are an International Student if:
You are not a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (Green Card)
You hold or intend to hold non-immigrant F-1 or J-1 visa status while you are studying at CSU Fresno
Regarding Second Bachelor's Degree:
Due to increase in enrollment demands, applications for second bachelor's degrees will not be accepted. Students may explore if a graduate program better meets their needs.
HOW TO APPLY
After the submission, please don't worry if you have made any errors. You may contact your assigned International Admissions Specialists at the bottom of this webpage. They can help you with corrections.
2. A non-refundable Application Fee of $55 USD for the paper application can be paid online here: https://commerce.cashnet.com/fresnoem_ISSP.
Or paid by check, money order, or bank draft; please make it payable to "California State University, Fresno". For Cal State Apply online application, you can pay by credit card.
3. Official English Proficiency Score Report (Institution Code: 4312)
Undergraduate: TOEFL - Minimum of 61 iBT (500 PBT with official score report), or
IELTS - Minimum of 6.0 Band Score, or
PTE Academic - Minimum 49, or
ELS Language Centers - Level 112, or
FLS International Language School – Level 16, or
TLC The Language Company – Level 9, or
UCLA Extension - Level 6
Pearson's Test of English - 49
NOTE: Mail in an unofficial score report along with other required documents.
4. Original or certified copies of Academic Credentials with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit.
All academic work must be included. See chart below.
5. Financial document (no older than 6 months) from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study. For details please review the estimated yearly cost chart here.
6. A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport.
7. Official admission test score report (ACT or SAT I) - if applicable
For applicants who are currently studying in the US high schools without taking TOEFL or IELTS.
Undergraduate Transfer Student
For all transfer students, you must demonstrate English language proficiency by completing one of the approved tests, OR you may pass with a grade of C or better the CSU General Education-Breadth or Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum written communication requirement.
For transfer students with LESS than 60 transferable units; you must have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 on transfer work, and a minimum 3.00 gpa from high school.
For transfer students with 60 or MORE transferable units, you must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
In order to process your transfer credit, we must have official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
If you are applying for Computer Science or any engineering majors, please contact Alicia Montejano at firstname.lastname@example.org for required prerequisites.
Express mail your completed application with official documents to:
California State University, Fresno
International Student Services & Programs (ISSP)
5150 N. Maple Ave. M/S JA56
Fresno, California 93740 USA
Please scan and email your unofficial documents immediately to the Admissions Specialists below. Upon admission, official documents will be required. Please refer to the information below so that you can contact the appropriate international admissions member if you require any assistance.
Last name begins with ALPHA:
A-G Danny Wan email@example.com
H-P Brenton Conner firstname.lastname@example.org
Q-Z Geovany Castillo email@example.com
For ALL undergraduate transfer applicants, please contact:
Alicia Montejano firstname.lastname@example.org
Await Confirmation of Application
* You will receive an automatic email response confirming our receipt of your online application.
* Your application cannot be processed until all required materials are received.