What is Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is a web-based enterprise data collection research suite with a powerful survey-based platform used by over 5000 organizations including 1600 universities and top business schools. This survey software is available for use by all Fresno State faculty, staff and students (when supervised in a class or research setting) to support university teaching and research.
Fresno State License
- University-wide license
- Subject to approval, may provide faculty and staff unlimited usage
How Do I Get A Qualtrics Account?
Anyone with a Fresno State email account can create a Qualtrics account. Follow the steps below:
2) Log in using your email username and password. You can only create one account
3) Click "I don't have a Qualtrics Account" button. The program will create your account based on your Fresno State information
4) To change your account into a full-fledged faculty account, locate your name in the upper-right corner and select Account Settings
5) Go to https://bbl-api.learn.fresnostate.edu/qualtrics/ to generate a Qualtrics upgrade code. Copy the code and click on "Upgrade Account" and paste the code in the Access code box
6) Click "Upgrade Account"
If you need assistance creating an account, please contact Max Tsai (TILT) at 8-4180 or JANQ@csufresno.edu.
Help & Training Can Be Provided In A Number of Ways:
1) Qualtrics.com provides a 5-step training video program which can be accessed from the ‘Help & Tutorial’ button or www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite. Generally in 3 hours or under it can be completed. The program includes:
- Basic Training – This 30-minute module provides training on the complete process of preparing and executing an electronic survey.
- Best Practices – Writing great survey questions
- Advanced Editing
- Advanced Reporting
- Advanced Distribution
2) You can also download the Complete Research Suite PDF at: http://www.qualtrics.com/docs/TheCompleteResearchSuite.pdf
3) A step-by-step 209-page manual ‘Qualtrics Survey Software: Handbook for Research Professionals’ is available to download along with other e-books at www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/ebooks
4) Frequently Asked Questions http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/research-resources/other-resources/faqs/
5) Statistical Results video - http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/reporting/cross-tabs/understanding-statistics
What If I Am Already Using Survey Monkey?
Unfortunately, you can't export the survey itself from Survey Monkey. However, it is easy to recreate your survey in Qualtrics by cutting and pasting your survey question text from Survey Monkey or another survey tool. For instructions and tips on creating a survey in Qualtrics see: http://www.qualtrics.com/university/tutorial-videos/create-a-survey/
If you have survey responses stored in another survey tool, you can download your data and upload it to Qualtrics if you'd like. Instructions on uploading data to Qualtrics are here: http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/reporting/responses/combining-results/.
What If I Have Questions About Qualtrics?
1) If you are experiencing access problems (not able to create an account or not able to login to Qualtrics), please contact our campus support representative, Max Tsai (TILT) at 8-4180 or JANQ@csufresno.edu.
2) For survey design, you may contact:
- Christopher Hernandez (OIE) at 8-3334 or email CHHERNANDEZ@csufresno.edu
- Marie Fernandez (OIE) at 8-3906 or email MFERNANDEZ@csufresno.edu
- Jolynne Blake (TILT) at 8-8788 or JBLAKE@csufresno.edu
3) Most questions can be answered by going to Qualtrics Survey University. The Qualtrics website offers an extensive set of online resources.
4) Email Qualtrics Support via email@example.com
5) Contact Qualtrics by phone at 1-800-340-9194.
Phone or e-mail assistance from Qualtrics is available during their normal business hours, 8:00am - 8:00pm Mountain Time on weekdays (Monday - Friday), except holidays. Limited e-mail support is available after hours and weekends.