Publications and Professional Presentations
- Yue, H., & Hart, S. Service-Learning and Graduation: Evidence from Event History Analysis, was accepted by Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning (MJCSL) and will be published in Vol. 23 No. 2, Spring 2017 (link).
- Yue, H., & Fu, X. (2017, March). Rethinking Graduation and Time to Degree: A Fresh Perspective. Research in Higher Education, Volume 58, Issue 2, pp 184–213. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11162-016-9420-4.
- Yue, H., Sangha, R., Vang, M., & Giuffrida, T. Supplemental Instruction: Helping Disadvantaged Students Reduce Performance Gap, was submitted to Journal of Developmental Education (JDE) and is currently under the second review. (link)
- Leimer, C., Yue, H., & Rogulkin, D. (2009). Does Service Learning Help Students Succeed? Assessing the Effects of Service Learning at California State University-Fresno. Online Submission, 2009 – ERIC (https://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED521013).
- Yue, H., Hart, S., & Fiorentino, C. (2017, July). Service-Learning and Graduation: A Case Study of Assessing Long-Term Learning Outcomes of Education Programs Using Event History Analysis, was accepted by the 24th International Conference on Learning and will be presented at the conference, July 21, 2017, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, USA. (will be available soon)
- Giuffrida, T., & Yue, H. (2017, April). Supplemental Instruction (SI) dashboards and study at Fresno State, presented at CSU SI summit in April 21, 2017. This presentation was also briefed at AALT meeting in June 6, 2017. (available at request)
- Yue, H., & Sanchez, A. (2015, November). Making a difference and how we know: A Longitudinal Analysis of Fall 2009 FTFTF Cohort Graduation at Fresno State, presented at the 40th CAIR Annual Conference, Nov 6, 2015. The study was also invited to present at Academic Affairs’ AALT meeting (Dec 15, 2015), Student Affairs’ DOSAEM Directors Meeting (Dec 16, 2015), and Fresno State’s Student Success Summit (Mar 2, 2016). (link)
- Fu, X., & Yue, H. (2015, April). Time to Degree: A Myth Demystified, presented at WASC 2015 Academic Resource Conference (ARC), April 2015. (link)
- Yue, H. (2014, May) Assessing the supplemental Instruction (SI) program: Who are most likely to participate and who would receive the maximum benefits? Presented in poster at 2014 AIR annual conference, Orlando, FL. (link) The detailed technical report is also available at http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/oie/documents/documents-research/2014/Summarizing%20the%20Effects%20of%20Supplemental%20Instruction2.pdf
- Yue, H. & Fu, X. (2013, May). Academic progress and time to degree: Evidence from event history analysis. Presented at the 2013 AIR Annual Conference, Long Beach, CA. (link)
- Yue, H. & Bolas, J. (2011, November). Assessment of academic success course. Presented in poster at the 36th annual California Association for Institutional Research conference, Rohnert Park, CA. (link)
- Sanchez, R. J., Ramirez, A., & Hernandez, C. (2013). An institutional approach to course redesign at a Hispanic Serving Institution. Journal of Metropolitan Universities, 24(2), 102-113. (link)
- Ramirez, A., Hernandez, C., & Sanchez, R. J. (2016) Leveraging HSI Grant Funding to Impact Institutional Academic and Student Services Practices. Alliance for Hispanic Serving Institution Educators (AHSIE) 8th Annual HSI/Title V Best Practices Conference, Camarillo, CA.
- Hernandez, C. & Sanchez, R. J. (2015). Efficiently assessing student reactions to a tablet program. Poster presented at the 2015 Western Association of Schools and Colleges Academic Resource Conference, Oakland, CA.
- Sanchez, R. J., Hernandez, C., Dudley, I. (2013). Leveraging grant funding to impact HSI institutional practices. Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) 27th Annual Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Sanchez, R. J., Hernandez, C., Ramirez, A., & Covino, W. (2012). Increasing Hispanic student success through course redesign. Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) 26th Annual Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Hernandez, C. (2010). The Creation and Validation of the Loneliness Engagement Scale. American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Conference, Denver, CO.