PROVOST'S AWARDS PROCEDURAL GUIDELINES
Each academic year the Provost establishes a Provost's Awards Committee. The committee is composed of the following representatives:
- Two previous Provost's Awards recipients nominated by the Academic Senate
- One student selected by the Associate Students Incorporated
- The Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs
- One Department Chair selected by the Provost
- One Dean selected by the Council of Deans
- Administrative Assistant/Office of the Provost
Any faculty member, administrator, staff or student may nominate any current, full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty member for the Excellence in Teaching Award, Faculty Service Award, Distinguished Achievement in Research, Scholarship, or Creative Accomplishment Award, and the Innovation Award.
Any faculty member, administrator, staff, or student may nominate any current, full-time tenure-track faculty for the Promising New Faculty Award.
Any faculty member, administrator, staff, or student may nominate any current lecturer for the Outstanding Lecturer Award.
A nominee is eligible for nomination in one category only.
Each nomination packet should consist of the following:
1. Nomination form
2. Nomination letter signed by nominator (no more than two single-spaced pages).
3. Nominee's narrative and summary of his/her strengths in light of the criteria for the particular award. Please be very specific and limit the narrative to no more than two single-spaced pages.
4. Nominee's current CV
5. Additional relevant information (optional) not to exceed three pages.
All nominations that comply with these guidelines will be considered.
All nominations must be made on the nomination form available online at http://fresnostate.edu/academics/provosts-awards/award-guidelines/nomination-form.html and received by the committee c/o the provost’s office (Henry Madden Library, Room 4116) no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, March 20, 2020.
Faculty members receiving these awards will be honored at a reception hosted by the Provost on Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 4-6 p.m. The recipient of the Provost's Award for Excellence in Teaching will be recognized at the respective college commencement ceremony and will be asked to give a presentation in the Provost's Awards Lecture Series during the fall 2020 semester. All other recipients will be asked to give a presentation either during the fall 2020 or spring 2021 semesters.
These awards are based upon superior performance in each category, and only current full-time, tenured, tenure-track faculty and current lecturers at California State University, Fresno are eligible. More information and criteria for each category can be found at http://fresnostate.edu/academics/provosts-awards/award-guidelines/award-categories/index.html. There is no requirement that every category be awarded each year. Previous recipients are not barred from consideration during any subsequent year for a different award.
FUNDING THE PROVOST'S AWARDS
Funding for the awards and administration of the program is provided through non-state dollars.