Anyone driving on state business is required to obtain authorization from the Department of Environmental Health and Safety and Risk Management before traveling. Please review information and instructions and complete all requirements well in advance to ensure time for completing the defensive driving course, and processing of forms.
- Vehicle size should be no larger than intermediate
- Short-term domestic rentals will not incur one-way drop charges
- Gas reimbursement is allowed for rental vehicles. Employees are required to return rental vehicles with a full tank of gas
- Reservations must be made through Concur to take advantage of the CRBTA (Car Rental Business Travel Account). The rental charge will be billed directly to the University.
- The CRBTA is not for personal travel
Note: Please call the Travel Technicians at 278-2911 for special rental instructions for guest travelers to ensure state-required liability insurance is included in the rental.
Private Vehicle Mileage Rates
- The mileage rate for travel occurring on or after January 1, 2017 has decreased from 54 cents per mile to 53.5 cents per mile
- The mileage rate for employees moving/relocating on or after January 1, 2017 has decreased from 19 cents per mile to 17 cents per mile.