Important - Before You Start!
If you have not already completed the Driving Authorization Process, please do so first. Return to this page for further instruction only if specifically directed to do so by an EHS/RM representative or by the authorization to drive on state business process instructions.
Defensive Driving training is required every four years, but does not authorize individuals to drive on state business. This requirement applies to all persons that will be operating powered vehicles such as: golf carts, tractors, and forklifts.
Faculty/Staff with regular "@csufresno.edu" email addresses; or paid Student Assistants should follow the instructions at right under Resources for "Defensive Driving Training Instructions For State Employees, and Paid Student Assistants".
- You may find it convenient to have a copy of the instruction sheet open (print or electronically) to reference while attempting this training.
- Access our e online training module.
- If you are having any difficulty logging into my.fresnostate.edu account please contact the help desk at 559 278-5000.
Volunteers or non-state employees and any other individuals should follow the instructions below:
- Go to https://ddt.dgs.ca.gov/
- Click on the arrow in the center of the picture to begin training (see figure 1). The training consists of 11 sections and will take between 2-2.5 hours to complete.
- Upon completion, you must print the certificate of completion. There is no other way
to confirm that you have successfully completed the training. Refer to the instructions
in the Course Highlights on the web page. A legible screen shot, use of the “Print
Screen” (PrtScn) button or photo of the certification page is acceptable proof of
completion. If you are not sure, contact the EHS/RM Office. If you have any questions
regarding enrollment or completing the course contact our office at 559.278.7422.