Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Get the latest information about Fall 2021 Repopulation and COVID-19. Before coming to campus, take the COVID-19 Daily Screening.

Alcohol Use


The only department that has the exclusive right to serve alcohol on campus is University Dining Services.

If you are planning to serve alcohol at your event on campus there are certain criteria that must be met, including the following:

  • Submit a request for approval to serve alcohol. This can be accomplished by completing the Application for Use of Alcoholic Beverages On Campus. NOTE:  Make sure your Event Description is not longer than 255 characters in length.  You will encounter a submission error if this limit is not observed.  This online application must be received by our office no later than two weeks prior to the event in order for all approving offices to review the request. (If you are unable to access the online application, please contact our Office at (559) 278-7422)
  • Your application must be approved by:
    • The advisor (if applicable)
    • V.P. for Student Affairs
    • University Risk Manager
    • University Dining Services
  • Arrange for Catering Services to serve alcohol as well as non-alcoholic beverages plus a variety of foods, including high protein foods (e.g. cheeses, meats). Your request will not be approved until your catering order is scheduled. Contact University Dining Services at (559) 278-3904 or

Please refer to the information in the University Policies and Procedures - Use of University Building and Grounds (D-08) - Section 15.0 - Alcohol Use, Section 16.0 - Exclusive Rights of Food Services and Policy on Campus Use of Alcoholic Beverages (G-04). You may view both policies via the Related Links section on the right.