Chemical Inventory System
Fresno State has implemented the CSU Chemicals system which provides chemical users with a means to keep accurate inventories of their chemicals. A QR code placed on the chemical container allows for a quick and easy way to scan the item in or out of inventory.
To request an account, please email our office at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Name, Email Address, and Department
- Building and Room number where inventory is stored
In-person training can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you already have an account, you can log in to CSU Chemicals by visiting https://csu.risksafety.solutions/chemicals
Chemical Inventories - Regulatory Requirements
According to California Health and Safety Code - Section 25503.5 and 25514:
A Hazardous Materials Business Plan must be submitted by businesses that handle hazardous material(s) or mixture(s) containing hazardous material(s), in quantities equal to or greater than:
- 500 pounds of a solid.
- 55 gallons of a liquid.
- 200 cubic feet of a compressed gas at standard temperature and pressure.
- The federal Threshold Planning Quantity (TPQ) for Extremely Hazardous Substances
- Radioactive materials in quantities for which an Emergency Plan is required as per Parts 30, 40, or 70, Chapter 1 of Title 10 of Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
It is our understanding that these threshold quantities are cumulative for the entire campus. For this reason, and for other OSHA employer required training and employee protection programs, your campus EHS/RM staff asks that you submit a updated chemical inventory no less than once a year. For questions or assistance with completing your annual update, please contact EHS/RM at (559) 278-7422.
For a complete copy of the county guidelines, go to Fresno County's CUPA web site.