Most campus demonstrations are peaceful and lawful. Any demonstration can take a negative turn, become violent and turn into a riot. The following steps can be taken to insure your and others safety.
- Notify the Fresno State Police Department immediately if you receive information that a demonstration or any other form of civil disobedience is planned or in progress.
- Avoid any confrontations or provoking demonstrators.
- If a disturbance occurs, call the Fresno State Police Department at 559.278.8400, 911 from a campus phone, or use a blue light telephone.
- To avoid inflaming the situation, try to make the 911 call away and out of sight of the disturbance.
- If in a building, lock all doors, stay away from windows and discretely advise others of the situation.
- If outdoors, immediately leave the area of the demonstration to a safe location or building.