The following information is a brief overview of the common responsibilities required of student assistants.
- safety escorts
- eyes/ears of the police department
- disabled persons transportation
- campus building openings/closings
- special events as needed
- meet and greet public
- check in visitors
- distribute mail to PD staff
- assist with event coordination
- other administrative duties
Requires strong Microsoft Excel/Word skills, filing knowledge, typing, and general office skills.
- monitor parking lots for out-of-place activity
- review footage of incidents
- assist police dispatcher during calls for service