The Mediator Mentors Project at Fresno State is a university-public school partnership in which future teachers, counselors, social workers and school psychologists support the development of conflict resolution skills in school children. At California State University, Fresno, Dr. Negin Tahvildary in the College of Arts and Humanities directs the program. Teachers and students in the public schools receive 10-12 hours of communication and conflict resolution training and university students coach and mentor at lunch periods in elementary school or fifth period in middle school.
More than 7,000 children and teachers have participated in the program!
For the Love of Peace
Call for Submissions: Mediator Mentors Art Contest 2016 “For the Love of Peace” Mediator Mentors at Fresno State (MMFS) is holding an Art Contest.
The theme is “For the Love of Peace”. All entries will be collected by MMFS Review Committee; and selected art works will be announced on the International Day of Peace (September 21,2016).
Through this event, MMFS hopes to document social justice, diversity, inclusion, distinction, respect for humanity, and brotherhood that we advocate for.
- Grand Prize, Open: $100
- Grand Prize, Youth: $100
- 2 Finalist Prizes: $50 each
Terms and Condition
- Peer Mediators and Mediator Mentors from various walks of life can enter into two
- Youth (K-12)
- Open (any age)
- Participants can choose to submit 1 art piece to either of the following art divisions: photography, painting, mixed-media, drawing, ink
- A- Entries should be submitted by October 8, 2016 via mail to Mediator Mentors Program C/O: Dr. Negin Tahvildary 2380 East Keats Ave. M/S MB105 Fresno, CA 93740
- B- Photos should be printed (size:8x10; resolution: 72 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB). Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number.
- C- Source material or proof of permission to use must be made available on request by MMFS. MMFS does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images.
- D- Entries should be work of the individual submitting them and must not be published elsewhere. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with MMFS. Photos of art works will appear on MMFS Facebook page and MMFS website along with the name of entrants.
For more information please contact: email@example.com