Thursday, December 1, 2016
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
7:30 p.m. curtain for Passion Play Part 1 & 2
Cost: Free to pre-registered students
Limit: 12-students per school
Please Register by: November 18
Registration is easy! Sign up at: https://goo.gl/forms/EHXuWnyPOvGWZ6HE2
The Fresno State Theatre Arts Department invites you and your students to visit our campus on Thursday, December 1 for our 23rd Annual OPEN HOUSE.
This event gives college-bound high school students the opportunity to meet our faculty and to discover more about our programs in Theatre and Dance. The day includes Scholarship auditions and interviews, workshops, tours of the facility, and a pizza party; it ends with a final dress rehearsal of Passion Play Part 1 & 2 directed by Professor Ruth Griffin in the John Wright Theatre.
PLEASE NOTE: We are making some changes to the Open House schedule and how we handle auditions for Theatre Arts and Dance Scholarships.
- TIME CHANGE: Open House begins at 11:00 AM. Registration 10:30-11:00 AM.
- Students who have applied to Fresno State for Fall, 2017 and who are seriously considering a major in theatre or dance will now have TWO opportunities to audition or interview for scholarships in acting, design, and dance.
- They can sign up to audition or interview during the Open House (11:00-12:15), OR
- They can sign up to audition on Saturday Jan 28, 2017.
- The auditions will now be more private. Only the students applying for scholarships will attend the audition or interview sessions.
- Other students may attend facility tours or have lunch from 11:00-12:30.
- Special offer! All students who audition for acting scholarships at the OPEN HOUSE will be invited to a special feedback session and have the opportunity for one-on-one coaching from our faculty.
To learn more about the day, as well as a study guide for Passion Play, click here.
Guidelines for Students: How to apply and prepare for the Open House
Students who wish to audition or interview for a scholarship in Dance or Theatre need to register online by November 18.
To register for the Acting Scholarship https://goo.gl/forms/AldXxxjxsN8MoSlm2
To register for the Dance Scholarship https://goo.gl/forms/zk1YxF6fbg2vn2Iz2
To register for a Design/Tech Theatre Scholarship https://goo.gl/forms/y83aLiKafWbantOG3
Teacher Recommendation Form: https://goo.gl/forms/fxkYZgWWyk0pfiCb2
Monologue/Scene Showcase- In the afternoon we will still offer juniors and seniors the opportunity to participate
in “Monologue/Scene Showcase” workshops.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or contact one of our facilitators. Thanks for your interest!
Elizabeth Payne - firstname.lastname@example.org / 559-278-5110 / 278-2408
Kenneth Balint - email@example.com / 559-278-5848 / 278-3987