Thursday, December 5, 2019
Time: 10:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
7:30 p.m. curtain for As You Like It
Cost: Free to pre-registered students
Limit: 12-students per school
Registration Deadline: November 25, 2019
The Fresno State Theatre Arts Department invites you and your students to visit our campus on Thursday, December 5 for our 26th Annual Open House.
This event gives college-bound high school students the opportunity to meet our faculty and to discover more about our programs in Theatre and Dance. The day includes Scholarship auditions and interviews, workshops, tours of the facility, and a pizza party; it ends with a final dress rehearsal of As You Like It directed by Professor Kathleen McKinley in the John Wright Theatre.
PLEASE NOTE: We are making some changes to the Open House schedule and how we handle auditions for Theatre Arts and Dance Scholarships.
- Open House begins at 10:30 AM. Registration 10:00-10:30 AM.
- Students who have applied to Fresno State for Fall 2019 and who are seriously considering a major in theatre or dance will now have TWO opportunities to audition or interview for scholarships in acting, design, and dance.
- They can sign up to audition or interview during the Open House (11:00-12:15), OR
- They can sign up to audition for a date to be announced.
- The auditions will now be more private. Only the students applying for scholarships will attend the audition or interview sessions.
- Other students may attend facility tours or have lunch from 11:00-12:30.
- All students who audition for acting scholarships at the OPEN HOUSE will be invited to a special feedback session and have the opportunity for one-on-one coaching from our faculty.
Guidelines for Students: How to apply and prepare for the Open House
Be sure to apply for admission to Fresno State by November 30, 2019 for more information.
Students who wish to audition or interview for a scholarship in Dance or Theatre need to register online by November 25.
- Register for the Acting Scholarship - Link Coming Soon
- Register for the Dance Scholarship - Link Coming Soon
- Register for a Design/Tech Theatre Scholarship - Link Coming Soon
Dance Showcase- The Fresno State dance faculty would like to invite each high school who has students
attending the open house event an opportunity to share a dance work of their choosing
in a studio showing event. It will take place directly after the dance scholarship
auditions in the main dance studio (Music Building 124). It will be a wonderful opportunity
for the students to see the dance work of their peers and to support each other as
artists. No costumes, makeup or lighting design. Just a community of dancers enjoying
and participating in their art form. If you are interested in performing or have questions, please contact Kenneth Balint
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com. If you have specific questions about degree programs or the audition/interview process, please contact one of our advisors.
Elizabeth Payne - firstname.lastname@example.org / 559-278-5110
Kenneth Balint - email@example.com / 559-278-5848