Africana Studies, Minor
Africana Studies, Minor Requirements
Approved Africana Studies electives (6 units)
Total (18 units)
Note: For students interested in the general dimensions of the Africana experience, the following courses are recommended: AFRS 10, AFRS 27, AFRS 36, AFRS 38, AFRS 135, AFRS 137, AFRS 140, AFRS 145, AFRS 150
For students interested in the following careers, the following courses are recommended:
- Education: AFRS 38, AFRS 130T, AFRS 135
- Performing Arts: AFRS 21, AFRS 24, AFRS 27, AFRS 35, AFRS 121, AFRS 130T, AFRS 144, AFRS 189
- Business: AFRS 38, AFRS 130T, AFRS 135, AFRS 189, AFRS 190
- Preprofessional (nursing, criminology, prelaw, etc.): AFRS 56, AFRS 130T, AFRS 135, AFRS 144, AFRS 146, AFRS 189, AFRS 190
- Writing: AFRS 104W, AFRS 127, AFRS 190
The AFRS Program is made up of faculty with backgrounds and expertise in Africana history, literature, cultural studies, music, and theatre. Professors have written books and published in prestigious national and international peer reviewed academic journals and anthologies. They are also the recipients of numerous awards for teaching, research, and community service.
For faculty phone numbers and e-mail, see the campus directory.
For more on the faculty, see the faculty pages.
The faculty pages are updated by the department or program.