Deaf Studies - Deaf Studies Option, B.A.
Bachelor of Arts Degree Requirements Deaf Studies - Deaf Studies Option
1. Major requirements for the Deaf Studies Option (52 units)
Required 40 units: CSDS 80, CSDS 90, CSDS 91, CSDS 92, CSDS 93, CSDS 94S, CSDS 95, CSDS 96, CSDS 98, CSDS 106, CSDS 136S, CSDS 137, CSDS 139, CSDS 141
2. General Education requirements (48 units)
3. Other requirements (9 units)
American Government and Institutions (PLSI 2), Multicultural and International (MI), and Upper-division writing.
4. Sufficient elective units to meet required total units (varies)
Courses may be used to satisfy credential requirements or a minor in another field. See advising notes 4 and 5 for recommended electives.
5. Total (120 units)
- CR/NC grading is not permitted for CSDS majors for any coursework required in the major, with the exception of clinical courses. (See course descriptions.)
- General Education, MI, and elective units may be used toward a double major or minor (see Double Major or departmental minor). Consult the appropriate department chair, program coordinator, or faculty adviser for further Information.
- Students in CSDS 110, 162, 163, 164, and other clinical, internship, and student teaching courses are required to show health certification that they are free from tuberculosis and rubella, and to purchase student clinic malpractice insurance for the clinical courses (see the University Speech and Hearing Clinic director for details).
For faculty phone numbers and e-mail, see the campus directory.
For more on the faculty, see the faculty pages.
The faculty pages are updated by the department or program.