Deaf Studies - Interpreting Option, B.A.
Bachelor of Arts Degree Requirements, Deaf Studies
1. Major requirements for the Interpreting Option (49 units)
CSDS 66, CSDS 80, CSDS 91, CSDS 92, CSDS 93, CSDS 94S, CSDS 95, CSDS 96, CSDS 106, CSDS 136S, CSDS 137, CSDS 139, CSDS 141, CSDS 168S, CSDS 169, CSDS 170, CSDS 175I (4 units)
2. General Education requirements (48 units)
3. Other requirements (9 units)
American Government and Institutions (PLSI 2), Multicultural and International (MI), and Upper-division writing.
4. Sufficient elective units to meet required total units (varies)
Courses may be used to satisfy credential requirements or a minor in another field. See advising notes 4 and 5 for recommended electives.
5. Total (120 units)*
* G.E. and MI courses can be doubled counted with major requirement. See advisor for details
- CR/NC grading is not permitted for CSDS majors for any coursework required in the major, with the exception of clinical courses. (See course descriptions.)
- General Education and elective units may be used toward a double major or minor (see Double Major or departmental minor). Consult the appropriate department chair, program coordinator, or faculty adviser for further information.
- Students in CSDS 110, 162, 163, 164, and other clinical, internship, and student teaching courses are required to show health certification that they are free from tuberculosis and rubella, and to purchase student clinic malpractice insurance for the clinical courses (see the University Speech and Hearing Clinic director for details).
For faculty phone numbers and e-mail, see the campus directory.
For more on the faculty, see the faculty pages.
The faculty pages are updated by the department or program.