Admission Requirements and Program Information
Students who meet the following academic qualifications will be admitted to this program:
- have not been enrolled at Fresno State for a minimum of 3 successive years prior to enrollment in the program and have not earned a baccalaureate degree
- have earned a minimum of 70 units overall, with a minimum of 12 units completed in the previous residency at Fresno State
- stopped out in good academic standing at Fresno State (minimum 2.0 overall campus GPA and major GPA), and have satisfied all lower-division General Education requirements.
- have academic roadmap generated by the College of Arts and Humanities advisors (see roadmap here)
Program Major Graduation Requirements:
- All GE requirements satisfactorily completed
- 2 required courses: ENGL 160W; AH 116
- At least one course from each of the 3-course groups: 1) Foundations, 2) Regional Focus, 3) National and Global Contexts
- 25 units in the major program of Liberal Arts
- 120 units
- Major GPA of 2.0
If previous coursework qualifies students to earn a minor in any traditional degree program, students will be referred to the advising center for that program to declare/add the minor. If coursework for minors is not complete, it will be up to the student to follow enrollment requirements and take the coursework needed through traditional programs.