About Our College
The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) empowers students to LIVE WELL and take a whole person approach to improving the quality of life -mind, body and spirit - of the individual and community.
Faculty in CHHS work hard to ensure that the most up-to-date information, equipment and instruction are made available to students enrolled in Health and Human Services classes. Innovative approaches to field placements, interprofessional collaboration and internet-based communication and instruction are primary components of our curriculum.
By The Numbers
- Our diverse college is made up of 4,752 students, enrolled at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels
- According to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, the students in our college make up 18% of the entire Fresno State student body
- Our college offers two out of the three total doctoral programs on campus - Doctor of Physical Therapy and Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- The number of service-learning hours and community service hours completed by our students is more than 27,850.
- Our college received $12.5 million in grants and contracts - among the highest at the University
- 70% of our incoming freshman are first-generation college students making them the first in their families to attend college
- The cumulative G.P.A. of all master's and doctoral students is 3.74
- Our transfer students have an 82% four-year graduation rate