About Our College
The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) empowers students to LIVE WELL and take a whole person approach to improving the quality of life -mind, body and spirit - of the individual and community.
Faculty in CHHS work hard to ensure that the most up-to-date information, equipment and instruction are made available to students enrolled in Health and Human Services classes. Innovative approaches to field placements, interprofessional collaboration and internet-based communication and instruction are primary components of our curriculum.
- According to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, the students in our college make up 18% of the entire Fresno State student body
- Our college offers two out of the three total doctoral programs on campus - Doctor of Physical Therapy and Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- We award the most degrees of any other college at Fresno State
- The number of service-learning hours and community service hours completed by our students is more than 27,850.
- Our college received $12.5 million in grants and contracts
- 70% of our incoming freshman are the first in their families to attend college