About Our College
The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) empowers students to LIVE WELL and take a whole person approach to improving the quality of life -mind, body and spirit - of the individual and community.
Faculty in CHHS work hard to ensure that the most up-to-date information, equipment and instruction are made available to students enrolled in Health and Human Services classes. Innovative approaches to field placements, interprofessional collaboration and internet-based communication and instruction are primary components of our curriculum.
Making a BOLD impact
- Our diverse college is made up of 4,358 students, enrolled at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels
- According to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, the students in our college make up 18% of the entire Fresno State student body
- CHHS awards the most degrees of any other college at Fresno State
- 92% of our students are from the San Joaquin Valley
- Our college offers two out of the three total doctoral programs on campus - Doctor of Physical Therapy and Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- The number of service-learning hours and community service hours completed by our students is more than 31,380.
- Our college received $16.1 million in grants and contracts - among the highest at the University
- 70% of our incoming freshman are first-generation college students making them the first in their families to attend college
- 2,460+ students are seen annually at the colleges' Advising and Career Development Center
- Of all doctoral degrees awarded at Fresno State, 70% are from CHHS
- Our transfer students have an 82% four-year graduation rate