October 1, 2018 - June 1, 2019
Applications are considered on a rolling basis as they are received. Once the cohort is filled, applicants are placed on a waiting list. Early submission is encouraged.
June 1, 2019
June 17, 2019
Start Fall semester
Intensives Dates: TBA
Fall 2019 Application Instructions for Prospective Students
STEP 1: Apply online to the DNP program
- The complete application is submitted to the School of Nursing
Click here for the DNP application
- Please include the following documents:
- Photo of yourself
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions ever attended
- Personal written statement of purpose
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Required Letter of Recommendation
One (1) letter of recommendation and reference rating form will be required from your current supervisor who is knowledgeable of your advanced nursing practice experience, as well as your potential for scholarship and leadership.
Detailed information on submitting the letter of recommendation and completing the reference rating form is included in the letter. (You can copy/paste the link below into an email to your supervisor)
You should provide your supervisor ample time to prepare the letter and they should be aware of the required application timeline. We encourage them to submit it as soon as possible to avoid any delay in your application review.
Send completed letter and form to:
School of Nursing
ATTN: DNP Program
2345 E San Ramon Avenue M/S MH 25
Fresno, CA 93740-8031
Deadline: June 17, 2019
STEP 2: Apply to the University via Cal State Apply
- Apply online at Cal State Apply
Click link to the website: www.calstate.edu/apply
You will need to do the following:
1. Create an account if you do not already have one. Apply as a Graduate and select a graduate option.
2. In the Add Program tab, select Fresno State as the campus
3. Under the Fresno Graduate section, add Nursing Doctorate as the program name
4. You may now select the My Application tab and begin entering your information
Each section must be completed before you may submit your application.
For instructions, please refer to the Cal State Apply Graduate Application Guide
There is a non-refundable application fee of $55 for this application to the university.
STEP 3: Create your Fresno State Email account
After your application has been submitted, you will receive a letter of acknowledgment from the university with instructions for setting up a Fresno State student account and access to the Student Portal on My Fresno State. It is your responsibility to create your student email account.
Refer to Graduate Applicants website for detailed instructions to check the status
of your application
Step 4: Apply for Financial Aid
For inquiries related to the admissions process and program information: email@example.com