Policies & Forms
All the forms you will need to apply to the Nursing Program can be found on this website.
Nursing Student Handbooks
Undergraduate Application available in March for fall Admittance and August for Spring Admittance.
Policies specific to the School of Nursing can be found in the Student Handbook which can be accessed here. General questions about the University are answered in the current General Catalog.
Information regarding application for graduation
School Nurse Credentials
You are eligible to apply for classified standing after completing 9 graduate units with a 3.0 GPA or better. Download a classified standing form. Complete this form and submit to the graduate coordinator immediately after becoming eligible.
Advancement to Candidacy
The student must have
- Achieved Classified Standing.
- Completed at least 9 units at Fresno State toward the proposed program.
- Attained a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in coursework.
- Fulfilled the graduate writing skills requirement.
- The sixth week of the semester prior to the term in which a student registers for the culminating experience, and/or applies for the master's degree to be granted.
- Advancement to Candidacy Form
Students must have a graduation application on file in the Division of Graduate Studies in order to graduate. Degrees are not granted automatically
- " Master's Degree Application" form. There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee.
- " Master's Degree Clearance" form
- A previously approved " Petition of Advancement to Candidacy" on file in the Division of Graduate Studies.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Permission from the graduate coordinator to apply for graduation.
- For the "Master's Degree Application" form, the first two weeks of the fall and spring semesters, or the first three weeks of the first summer session; consult the Class Schedule for exact deadlines.
- For the "Master's Degree Clearance" form, the last day of the semester or final summer term.