2020 San Joaquin Valley Summit
Homelessness in Parks, Recreation, and Public Places
Due to COVID-19 the summit will be rescheduled to Nov 5
Fresno, Location TBD
*REGISTRATION COMING SOON*
Professional (postmarked or paid on-line by April 2nd $45
Professional (after April 2nd) $60
Full-time students (postmarked or paid on-line by April 2nd) $25
Full-time student (after April 2nd) $35
The 2020 Summit will bring together people from across the San Joaquin Valley and California to promote efforts toward developing, maintaining, and supporting park and recreation programs in Valley communities.
The 2020 Summit is part of a three-part series. The San Joaquin Valley Parks Summit was held in May 2016 and The San Joaquin Valley Recreation Summit was held in May 2017, attracting a total audience of more than 320 people.
1. Advocate. Bring together a diverse group of interested partners and stakeholders from across the Valley and State to bolster advocacy efforts toward developing, maintaining, and supporting park and recreation development in Valley communities.
2. Educate. Educate partners and stakeholders on the challenges and opportunities faced in park and recreation development as individual communities and as a region.
3. Build Capacity and Collaboration. Increase the quality of collaboration and partnerships across and within stakeholder groups to build traction for park and recreation development improvement.
- Parks and Recreation Supporting Mental Health Challenges
- Parks & Recreation’s Role in Addressing Homelessness
- Using gardening to help stimulate mental health.
- Managing un-sheltered Populations in Parks & Open space
- Safety and Security Solutions in Parks and Recreation
- Team-Based Services (Behavioral Health, Housing Programs, First Responder)
- Partnerships within local governing bodies/ community agencies to collaborate on health-driven projects
Who Should Attend
- Behavioral/Mental Health
- Recreation Facility Owners/ Operators Developer
- First Responders
- Municipal Governance
- Law Enforcement
- Public Parks and Recreation Professionals
- Elected and Appointed Officials
- City/County/State Staff
- Health Professionals
- Community Groups and Advocacy Organizations
- University Students
*Lunch included for everyone registered by May 3rd.
No credit card processing is available on site. To use your credit card you will need to pre-register before May 5, 2020.
All participants are welcome. If you require an accommodation due to a disability or have dietary restrictions, contact Selena Winchell at 559-278-2838 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodations cannot be guaranteed without 21 days’ notice.