Students must apply for graduation approximately within the first two weeks of the semester in which they plan to graduate.
|Graduation Application Period||For More Information|
|UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS||Jan 17 - Feb 14, 2020||
Complete Undergraduate Degree Deadlines and Graduation Application Process for Spring 2020.
|GRADUATE STUDENTS||Jan 17 - Jan 31, 2020|
Expectations and Logistics
We ask for your help in making these ceremonies a positive experience for everyone. Misconduct by even a few would be disruptive to the graduates, faculty and guests who expect and deserve a safe, orderly and dignified ceremony.
All Fresno State graduation ceremonies are alcohol, drug, smoke, vapor and tobacco-free events and a zero-tolerance for disorderly behavior will be strictly enforced. Graduates and guests will not be permitted to carry alcoholic beverages into ceremony sites or consume them there.
Graduates and guests who are intoxicated or disruptive will not be allowed in the ceremony venue or will be escorted from the ceremony.
Please help us make Class of 2020 graduation ceremonies events to remember with celebration and honor!
Tips for safe celebrating:
- Pace your drinks to one or fewer per hour. One serving = 12 oz. of beer OR 5 oz. of wine OR 1.5 oz. of hard liquor.
- Eat a full meal before drinking. Snack on higher fat and protein foods while drinking.
- Go as part of a group to a party and keep track of each other. Make sure everyone gets home safely.
- Alternate between alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Designate a driver or have an alternative ride accessible.
- Attend your graduation ceremony alcohol and drug-free!
Safe Celebrating Events
Details to be announced in early February!
To ensure a smooth and efficient security process when entering the Save Mart Center,
graduates and faculty wearing academic regalia are advised to carry their robes into
event venues and then dress in designated lineup areas.
Diplomas will be mailed to student's permanent address.
Designate a meeting place outside the Save Mart Center immediately after your graduation ceremony.
Bag inspection and electronic wanding will be in effect for all Save Mart Center graduation ceremonies. All students, faculty, staff, volunteers, guests and vendors are advised to review the statement below and allow extra time to enter the facility:
- All guests entering the Save Mart Center are subject to a search of their person and their property, this includes a visual inspection and a bag inspection conducted by Save Mart Center security personnel. Persons entering the facility, as a condition of the license to enter, may be subject to search by electronic wand regardless of whether they are carrying any of the above-mentioned items. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items.
- The Save Mart Center prohibits backpacks and any bags larger than 12" x 6" x 12". The only approved bags are diaper bags, bags smaller than 12" x 6" x 12", and medically-necessary items (after proper inspection). All bags are subject to search.
- Any signage that will obstruct the view of other ceremony guests for an extended period of time may be subject to removal by venue management.
In order to provide a safe and secure environment for all, the following items are not permitted at Fresno State graduation ceremony venues, but not limited to:
- Bottles, cans coolers or similar containers
- Food, drinks or illegal substances
- Any weapon, including guns, stun guns, chains, studded bracelets
- Video equipment, professional camera, tripods or recording devices
- Laser pointers, aerosol cans, noise-makers, fireworks
- Helium balloons
- Tobacco and Smoking, including e-cigarettes or vapors
- Lighters of any kind
- Selfie sticks
- Pets or non-service animals
- Handcuffs, Brass knuckles, Sticks, Clubs, Batons, Martial arts instruments
- Pepper spray, Tear gas
- Knives of any kind
- Any other items determined to be unacceptable or dangerous by venue management
GradImages is the official commencement photographer at Fresno State.
Proofs will be ready to view online as soon as 48 hours after the ceremony. In order to notify graduates when your images are available, GradImages sends emails and mails paper proofs, along with optional text message notifications. Graduate information is never shared and privacy is guaranteed. Pre-registering is simply a way to make contact information is up-to-date with GradImages, so they can provide your complimentary proofs as quickly as possible. Although there's never any obligation to order, you'll save 20% off orders of $50 or more for your participation. To pre-register for your commencement proofs, please visit GradImages.com/Preregistration