Meeting with an Advisor
COVID-19 Update: Due to current restrictions, all appointments and walk-ins will be Zoom or phone-based.You can contact us by reaching out to our general ARC email address: email@example.com. If you have been working with a specific counselor, you can reach out to them separately.
Appointments can be scheduled for the following reasons:
- Updating a previously created academic plan
- Clearing Mandatory Advising 1 and 2 holds
- Returning/Readmitted students
- Note: Students with Transfer and Second Semester Freshman holds must schedule an appointment through the email sent this semester. New email reminders are sent each Friday.
Walk-Ins (not appointments) are meant for:
- Major/Minor changes within CSM (Except for Psychology/Pre-Psychology)
- Graduation check
- Class registration questions
- Petition questions
- Change of Grading Basis questions
- Review of pre-professional requirements (no academic planning)
- Quick questions
Fall 2021 New Students: Admissions questions must be directed to our Admissions Liaison Lynn Jaschke (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Psychology/Pre-Psychology Changes of Major: If you wish to change your major to Psychology/Pre-Psychology, add a double major in Psychology/Pre-Psychology, or add a minor in Psychology, you must email Sheri Osborn (email@example.com). Do not email Psychology Advising or use BulldogConnect.
If you are already a declared Psychology/Pre-Psychology major or Psychology minor student and have questions about the following topics, you will need to contact the Psychology Advising office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an appointment.
- Junior/Senior Psychology major/minor requesting any assistance except for CA Promise planning information. CA Promise students see ARC for planning.
- Transfer Holds, Mandatory Advising 1 Warnings, or Mandatory Advising 2 Holds
Virtual "Walk-In Advising"
- Wednesday, March 3rd from 9-11am and 1:30-4pm
- Wednesday, March 10th from 9-11am and 1:30-4pm
- Wednesday, March 17th from 9-11am and 1:30-4pm
- Wednesday, March 24th from 9-11am and 1:30-4pm
- NO WALK-INS MARCH 31st - Campus closed for Caesar Chavez Day
To meet with an advisor during our "Walk-In" hours please follow the steps below:
Beginning at 8am each "walk-in" day, submit a response using this Google Form with the following information:
- Full name and ID number
- Current major
- Reason for meeting with an advisor
- Callback number in case of any issues
- Preferred availability for Zoom session and/or preferred Advisor
Note: Submissions received via email or before 8:00 am on walk-in days will not be included. Only those received after 8:00 am will be added to our walk-in list for the day. You will be provided with the Zoom link after completing your submission. Be aware you can also call into a zoom session if video does not work for you.
No first-time academic planning, Second Semester Freshman Holds, Transfer Holds, or Probation holds will be handled during our “Walk-In” days. "Walk-Ins" are a first-come, first-served basis.