Aaron B. Hoskins, Ph.D.
Office: Engineering East, Room 162
More Information about Dr. Hoskins
- PhD, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mississippi State University
- MS, Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland
- BS, Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland
- Aerospace Engineer, United States Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC
- ME140 Advanced Engineering Analysis
Stochastic Programming; Metaheuristics; Simulation Optimization; Space Situational Awareness; Initial Orbit Determination; Satellite Maneuvering; Remote Sensing; Disaster Preparedness and Response; Sports Analytics
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- A. Hoskins and E. Atkins, “Satellite Formation Optimization with a Multi-Impulse Design”, Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 44, No. 2, March-April 2007, pp. 425-433.
- E. Rashidi, H. Medal, and A. Hoskins, “Mitigating a pyro-terror attack using fuels management,” IISE Transactions, 2018, DOI: 10.1080/24725854.2017.1415490.
- A. Hoskins, H. Medal, and E. Rashidi, “Satellite Constellation Design for Forest Fire Monitoring via a Stochastic Programming Approach,” Naval Research Logistics, 2018, DOI: 10.1002/nav.21781.
- A. Hoskins and H. Medal, “Stochastic Programming Solution for Placement of Satellite Ground Stations,” Annals of Operations Research, 2018, DOI: 10.1007/s10479-018-2798-y.
- E. Rashidi, H. Medal, A. Hoskins, “An Attacker-Defender Model for Analyzing the Vulnerability of Initial Attack in Wildfire Suppression”, Naval Research Logistics, 2018, DOI: 10.1002/nav.21792.
Peer-reviewed conference proceedings:
- A. Hoskins and H. Medal, "A Stochastic Programming Approach to Satellite Wildfire Observations", Proc. Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC) 2016, Anaheim, CA, May 2016.
- A. Segerman, A. Hoskins, and Z. Sibert, “ComVecs: A Special Perturbations Covariance-Based Tool for Duplicate Orbit Identification”, Proc. AAS / AIAA 26th Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, Napa, CA, February 2016.;
- P. Schumacher, C. Sabol, A. Segerman, A. Hoskins, S. Coffey, K. Borelli, J. Addison, K. Hill, K. Roe, and B. Duncan, “Search and Determine Integrated Environment (SADIE) for Automated Processing of Space Surveillance Observations”, Proc. Space 2014, San Diego, CA, August 2014.
- C. Sabol, A. Segerman, A. Hoskins, K. Borelli, J. Addison, B. Duncan, K. Roe, K. Hill, P. Schumacher, and S. Coffey, “Automated Uncorrelated Track Resolution with the Search And Determine Integrated Environment (SADIE)”, Proc. AAS / AIAA 23rd Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, Kauai, HI, February 2013.
- C. Sabol, A. Segerman, A. Hoskins, B. Little, P. Schumacher Jr, and S. Coffey, “Search and Determine Integrated Environment (SADIE) for Space Situational Awareness”, Proc. Advanced Maui Optical and Space Surveillance Technologies Conference, Maui, HI, September 2012.
- A. Hoskins and E. Atkins, “A Multi-Objective Optimization Approach to Satellite Formation Mission Design”, Proc. AIAA / AAS Astrodynamics Specialists Conference, Keystone, CO, August 2006.
- E. Atkins, G. Moylan, A. Hoskins, “Space-Based Assembly with Symbolic and Continuous Planning Experts”, Proc. IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big Sky, MT, March 2006.
- A. Hoskins and E. Atkins, “Formation Attitude Optimization with a Multi-Impulse Design”, Proc. GSFC Flight Mechanics Symposium, Greenbelt, MD, October 2005.
- A. Hoskins and E. Atkins, “Spacecraft Formation Optimization with a Multi-Impulse Design”, Proc. AIAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference, San Francisco, CA, August 2005.
- A. Hoskins, “Translational Control of SCAMP SSV with Cognachrome™ Vision System", Proc. AIAA Region II Student Conference, College Park, MD, May 2003.
- 2016 INFORMS Annual Meeting, Session Chair
- 2015 INFORMS Annual Meeting, Session Chair
Membership and Professional Affiliations
- Member, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Member, American Astronautical Society (AAS)
- Member, The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Member, INFORMS Energy, Natural Resources, and Environment Section
- Member, INFORMS SpORts