Yuanyuan Xie, Ph.D.
Office: Engineering East, Room 115
More Information about Dr.Yuanyuan Xie:
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 2013
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China, China 2008
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Hefei University of Technology, China 2005
- ME 01 Introduction to Mechanical Engineering
- ME 135/155 Senior Capstone Design
- ME 162 Computer Aided Design
Energy storage/conversion devices, Sustainable Design, Electrochemical Systems and Multiphysics modeling
Publications (Selected 5 publications):
1. Fan Yang, Yuanyuan Xie (co-first author), Yeling Deng, Chris Yuan, ‘Predictive modeling of battery degradation and greenhouse gas emissions from U.S. State level electric vehicle operation’, Nature Communications, DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-04826-0, 2018.
2. Yuanyuan Xie, Dongqing Pan, Lulu Ma, Chris Yuan, “Optimizing the process efficiency of atomic layer deposition of alumina for its sustainability improvement: a combined experimental and modeling study”, Journal of Cleaner Production, 133(2016), 338-347;
3. Yuanyuan Xie, Ming Qiu, Xianfeng Gao, Dongsheng Guan, Chris Yuan, “Phase field modeling of silicon nanowire based lithium ion battery composite electrode”, Electrochimica Acta, 186(2015), 542-551;
4. Yuanyuan Xie, Lulu Ma, Dongqing Pan, Chris Yuan, “Mechanistic modeling of atomic layer deposition of alumina process with detailed surface chemical kinetics”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 259(2015), p213-220;
5. Yuanyuan Xie,Jianyang Li, Chris Yuan, "Mathematical modeling of the electrochemical impedance spectroscopy in lithium ion battery cycling", Electrochimica Acta,127(2014), 266-275;
Venkat Srinivasan, Kenneth Higa, Pallab Barai, Yuanyuan Xie, ‘Chapter 8: Computational Modeling of Morphology Evolution in Metal-based Battery Electrodes’, Handbook of Materials Modeling. Volume 1 Methods: Theory and Modeling, Springer, 2018.
1. Yuanyuan Xie, Venkat Srinivasan, ‘Mathematical modeling of the Li2S precipitation process in Li-S battery’, 233rd ECS Meeting, Seattle, WA, May 13-17, 2018;
2. Yuanyuan Xie, Ming Qiu, Xianfeng Gao, Chris Yuan, ‘A study of the mechanical degradation process of silicon electrode in the lithium ion battery cycling operation’, 227th ECS Meeting, Chicago, IL, May24-28, 2015;
3. Fan Yang, Yeling Deng, Yuanyuan Xie, Chris Yuan, ‘Spatially-explicit Greenhouse Gas Emissions from the operation stage of Electric Vehicles in the United States’, Proceedings of 2015 International Symposium on Sustainable Systems and Technology (ISSST), May 18-20, 2015, Dearborn, MI.
4. Xianfeng Gao, Jianyang Li, Yuanyuan Xie, Chris Yuan, ‘A silicon-graphene electrode with multilayered structure for high performance lithium-ion batteries’, 227the ECS Meeting, Chicago, IL, May24-28, 2015;
Editorial and Scholarly Review:
Review manuscripts for following Journals:
- Journal of Power Sources
- Journal of the Electrochemical Society
- Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics
- RSC Advances
- Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry
- Fuel cells
- International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
- Materials Science & Engineering B
- Precision Engineering
- Sustainable Energy & Fuels