CIT celebrating four decades
In April 2020, the Center for Irrigation Technology will celebrate 40 years serving the irrigation industry throughout the United States and internationally.
The Center for Irrigation Technology at Fresno State:
- functions as an independent testing laboratory, applied research facility, and educational resource to both public and private sectors.
- is dedicated to advancing irrigation technology, water/energy management practices, and equipment standards.
- integrates the needs of agricultural, environmental, and urban concerns into all activities.
- conducts education programs for irrigation professionals and growers on a wide variety of topics including pump efficiency, irrigation technology and water and energy management.
- provides impartial third-party testing services through laboratory and field testing.
- has product testing customers that include manufacturers from virtually every irrigated area in the world.
- is IAPMO-certified to test controllers for EPA WaterSense labeling.
- created and maintains the Wateright website – a free irrigation scheduling program for agricultural and commercial users as well as for home owners.
- administers the Advanced Pumping Efficiency Program (APEP) for PG&E.
- has had three directors – Ed Norum, Ken Solomon, and David Zoldoske.