Jordan Harvey Graduate Awards
The Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of California State University, Fresno is pleased to announce the offering of two (2) prestigious Jordan Harvey Graduate Awards to highly qualified students entering Master of Science (M.S.) programs in the College of Agriculture. These awards provide $18,500 per year for two years. Funding may consist of scholarship and/or assistantship money, based on the candidate’s qualifications and eligibility. Jordan Harvey recipients are expected to provide teaching and/or research support to their major adviser.
Applicants must be entering their first fall semester in Jordan College M.S. programs (Plant Science, Viticulture & Enology, Animal Science, or Industrial Technology). This includes students beginning in Fall 2016, or those who began in Spring 2016.
- Agricultural major (or other related undergraduate degree)
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Research experience
- Have identified a faculty member and potential area of research
- Completed the university’s graduate admission process (domestic or international). Visit http://www.csufresno.edu/gradstudies/admission/criteria.shtml for information and http://www.csumentor.edu/ to apply.
Application Materials – Materials are submitted to the Department
- Cover letter indicating your interest and reason for applying for this award
- Official GRE scores (and TOEFL, if required)
- All college transcripts
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Statement of proposed research (maximum 2 pages)
- 2 letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals who can comment on research or independent work skills, and academics
- Letter of support from the faculty member with whom applicant will conduct thesis research
To be given full consideration, materials should be submitted to the respective department
by Wednesday, January 27, 2016. Graduate Coordinators must forward application packages for eligible students with
a memo of support to the Jordan College selection committee by Monday, February 8, 2016. Awards will be announced no later than Monday, February 29, 2016.
Students should contact the Graduate Coordinator of the Program in which they seek admission. They are:
- Animal Science: Dr. Amanda McKeith (email@example.com, 559-278-4331)
- Food Science & Nutrition: Dr. Erin Dormedy (firstname.lastname@example.org, 559-278-8321)
- Industrial Technology: Dr. Arun Nambiar (email@example.com, 559-278-1443)
- Plant Science: Dr. Sharon Benes (firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-278-2255)
- Viticulture & Enology: Dr. Kathie Reid-Bevington (email@example.com, 559-278-2061)