Student Support Resources
In addition to the academic advising services available in the Jordan College Advising & Career Development Center, Fresno State offers a wide array of student support resources.
- Learning Center: The Learning Center offers free peer tutoring to students in a variety of subjects, SupportNet Advising, and Supplemental Instruction. Located in the Henry Madden Library, Collection Level. For more information, call 559.278.3052 or check online at www.fresnostate.edu/learningcenter.
- The Henry Madden Library: The Henry Madden Library is a center for study, learning, and scholarship at Fresno State. Visit their website at www.fresnostate.edu/library or call at 559.278.2551.
- Free Tutoring: Some academic departments offer free tutoring labs through the Department (e.g., Psychology, English, and Chemistry). Check with your instructor, department or visit the Learning Center website for a comprehensive list at www.fresnostate.edu/learningcenter.
- Writing Center: The Writing Center offers free help with planning, researching and referencing for class papers and projects. Located in the Education Building, Room 184 or by phone 559.278.0334. www.fresnostate.edu/writingcenter.
- The Center for Women and Culture: Provides services to enhance the learning and working experiences of women and celebrates cultural heritage and diversity in the university community. Located in Thomas Building, Room 110. Call 559.278.4435 or visit them at www.fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/wrc
- Instructor Assistance: Your instructors are here to help you learn. If you are having difficulty in a class, talk with your instructor during their office hours and ask for help!
- Technology Innovations for Learning and Teaching (TILT): TILT serves students, faculty and staff by providing access and support for Blackboard, an online course management system used for delivering interactive online courses. Visit www.fresnostate.edu/academics/blackboard/ for more information.
- Title V – CLASE: This is a federally funded program that provides academic and student support to improve the Latina/o student retention and graduation rates at Fresno State. Students who need academic support are welcome to make an appointment by calling 559.278.1612 or visit the office in the Thomas Building, Room 121.
Health and Personal Well Being
- Counseling Center: The Counseling Center offers free counseling to help with any issues that may interfere with your academic success. They are located in the Health Center, Area E. Call 559.278.6738 or visit www.fresnostate.edu/counseling.
- Student Health & Counseling Center: Provides students with outpatient medical care, as well as psychological counseling services. Located in the Health Center. Call 559.278.2734 or visit www.fresnostate.edu/health.
- Services for Students with Disabilities: Provides specialized resources that help students with physical, psychological, and learning disabilities. They are located in the Henry Madden Library, first floor, south wing, suite 1202. Call 559.278.2811 or visit www.fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/ssd.
- Student Recreation Center: Our mission is to provide quality recreational opportunities, experiences, and facilities for the university community. Current Fresno State Students use this facility free of charge. Please contact them at www.auxiliary.com/src for more information.
- CineCulture: CineCulture is a film series provided free to the Fresno State students, faculty, staff and the community. The CineCulture Club promotes cultural awareness through films and post-screening discusseion. Several of the upcoming CineCultures showings are listed at: www.fresnostate.edu/artshum/mcj/news-events/cineculture.html.
Students in Academic Difficulty
- SupportNet: SupportNet is an early alert referral program to which faculty and staff can refer students who need academic or personal assistance. Students are encouraged to meet with a SupportNet advisor who will provide the appropriate academic assistance and university resources. They are located in the Henry Madden Library, Collection Level. For more information, call 559.278.8370 or visit the website at www.fresnostate.edu/supportnet.
- Maximizing Academic Potential (MAP) Workshops: These are free workshops designed to help students succeed academically at the university. Visit www.fresnostate.edu/advising and click on the Academic Probation and disqualification link.
Career Plans and Goals
In addition to the services provided by Coordinator of Internships and Professional Experiences in our Jordan College Advising & Career Development Center, these resources are also available:
- The Career Development Center: The Fresno State Career Development Center provides free help for choosing a career, preparing for graduation and finding a job. They are located in the Thomas Building, Room 103. Call 559.278.2381 or visit them at www.fresnostate.edu/careers.
- The Division of Graduate Studies: The Division of Graduate Studies helps students prepare for and enter master’s and doctoral studies at Fresno State. If you’re thinking about graduate school, ask your major advisor, or visit the Division of Graduate Studies office for programs offered. Their office is located in the Thomas Building, Room 132. You can find more information by calling 559.278.2448 or visiting their website, www.fresnostate.edu/gradstudies.
- Associated Students, Inc.: Recognized student body government organization at Fresno State. Through ASI, students can participate in the governance of Fresno State, foster awareness of student opinions on campus issues, assist in the protection of student rights, and take advantage of programs and services that meet your needs as students. Located in the University Student Union, Room 316 & 317. Call 278-2656 or visit www.fresnostate.edu/asi.
- The Jan and Bud Richter Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning (CESL): Promotes the value of community service to students, faculty, and staff. CESL represents the university in activities that establish service-oriented partnerships with other educational institutions and the community we serve. Contact them at 559.278.7079 or on the web at www.fresnostate.edu/academics/cesl/. Stop by their office in the Thomas Building, Room 107.
- The Mentoring Institute: This service provides first year students with mentoring and support from faculty, staff and qualified students. They are located in the Peters Building, Room 393. You can reach them by phone at 559.278.7766.
- Student Activities and Leadership Development: Provides students with the ability to get involved on and off campus through Student organizations, Greek Life, Leadership Development Activities and the schools events calendar. If you are interested in joining a group or activity on campus please call 559.278.2741 or stop by the office located at University Student Union, Room 306.
- The Study Abroad Program: This program provides opportunities for Fresno State students and faculty to learn about and participate in international activities both on campus and abroad. The office also helps students and faculty to find information on international travel scholarships, degree programs and funding for faculty engagement. Visit their office in Family Food Science, Room 119, call 559.278.6452 or visit their website at www.fresnostate.edu/studyabroad.
- Intramural/Recreation: Designed to serve the social, recreational, and physical fitness needs of Fresno State students. Intramurals/Recreations also serves the campus staff and faculty. Any Fresno State student with their ID card, who has a desire to have fun, meet people, exercise, compete and better themselves, may participate. Additionally, current Fresno State faculty and staff may participate by purchasing an Intramural/Recreation membership card in the North Gym, Room 109. A schedule of activities can be found online at: www.auxiliary.com/src/intramural/.
- Fresno State Athletics: The Fresno State Athletics department offers a wide array of Division I sport teams that play throughout the year! There is something for everyone, and students get in free to all events (except football). You can find schedules and more information at www.gobulldogs.com.
- Bulldog Pantry: The Bulldog Pantry is a Fresno State student run food pantry. We provide groceries to students and families in need in the areas surrounding Fresno State. We open our doors almost every Saturday from 9-10:30 a.m. during the school year. The Bulldog Pantry is located at 2311 East Shaw at the corner of Shaw and Jackson Ave.