Mathematics and Science Teacher Initiative (MSTI)
Remember your favorite teacher?
TEACH and someone will remember YOU!
Teaching is a highly rewarding and fulfilling career! It offers an opportunity to
make a meaningful difference in the lives of children and young adults.
The Kremen School of Education and Human Development has outstanding teacher preparation programs. You will learn cutting edge teaching methods that will prepare you to make learning exciting and challenging for your students. The program's outstanding and experienced faculty, supervisors, and master teachers will become your mentors as you move from university student to classroom teacher.
Do you have a passion for math or science?
You can share that excitement with the next generation by being a teacher!
The demand for fully-credentialed mathematics and science teachers is significant and is expected to increase dramatically as more teachers retire.
The College of Science and Mathematics and the Kremen School of Education and Human Development offer excellent preparation and support for prospective mathematics and science teachers! For more information about earning your initial teaching credential at Fresno State, call the Center for Advising and Student Services: (559) 278-0300 or visit Kremen Education Room 100.
- Do you need to take a CSET subtest in mathematics or science for an initial or additional credential? MSTI offers FREE online, interactive courses and workshops that review the subject matter content included on these exams. All workshops are taught by talented instructors, many of whom are faculty members at Fresno State. See the "CSET Workshops//Forms" area on this webpage for more information!
- MSTI can reimburse CSET fees and credential application fees for current teachers
and Fresno State students. Credential students also receive financial support to attend
science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education conferences; and those
enrolled in a mathematics or science teaching methodology course can receive membership
in a professional organization such as the California Mathematics Council or the California
Science Teachers Association.
- Earn a B.S. in Mathematics plus a Single Subject teaching credential within four years in the Integrated Teaching Option! Also check out the Mathematics Teaching Scholars program!
- The Fresno Teacher Residency Program offers a $11,500 stipend while students earn a credential and an M.A. in Education (Curriculum and Instruction option) in less than 2 years!
- Liberal Studies majors who take specified STEM or Mathematics 130-series courses are eligible for stipends! Visit here for more information!
- If you would like to teach as an intern during the next academic year, Fresno State offers a "Summer Boot Camp" to get you "intern ready." Contact advisor Maria Rodriguez for more information about the internship program!
- Keep up with the latest STEM education news via COMET and Twitter (https://twitter.com/STEM_Fresno)!