Workshops & Conferences
Exemplary Practices in Educational Leadership Conference
This Year's Theme: Fulfilling the Promise- A Quality Education for All Students
October 18, 2018 REGISTER HERE
Pedro Noguera, Keynote Speaker
About the Speaker:
Popular author, motivating speaker and presenter, Dr. Noguera has traveled throughout the United States sharing his expertise on ways in which schools are influenced by social and economic conditions, as well as by demographic trends in local, regional and global contexts. Pedro Noguera recently received awards from the Center for the Advanced Study of the Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University, from the National Association of Secondary Principals, and from the McSilver Institute at NYU for his research and advocacy efforts aimed at fighting poverty.
Dr. Noguera’s messages resonate with educational leaders who desire to create and maintain quality opportunities where all students meet or exceed rigorous learning standards and become college-ready. He is the author of over 200 authors and 12 books including, City Schools and the American Dream, Unfinished Business: Closing the Achievement Gap in Our Nation’s Schools and Creating the Opportunity to Learn: Moving from Research to Practice to Close the Achievement Gap.
This influential speaker appears as a regular commentator on educational issues on several national media outlets, and his editorials on educational issues have appeared in the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Dallas Morning News and Huffington Post.
This full-day conference includes:
- Morning and afternoon keynotes
- Rich variety of breakout sessions led by outstanding presenters from throughout Central Californian on relevant leadership topics, including award winning interventions to address the needs of students in crisis, visible learning, data-driven leadership, EL challenges, and more.
- Conference times: 8:15 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. (doors open for registration and breakfast at 7:00 am)
- Location: Clovis Veterans Memorial District Building, Clovis CA
- Cost: $200 May 1-Sept 15 $225 after Sept 16 and at the door
- Breakfast and lunch included.
- Mention you are attending the conference and receive reduced room rates at excellent Clovis hotels !