- Multiple Subject and Dual (MS/SPED) Credential, click here.
- Single Subject Credential, click here.
- Special Education Credential, click here.
If you are teaching full-time on a short-term permit (STSP or PIP) and would like to begin a credential program, contact the appropriate program coordinator.
The Liberal Studies program is now officially a Subject Matter Proficiency Program in California!
This means that all students who have graduated from Fresno State’s Liberal Studies program on or after Spring 2016 are able to demonstrate subject matter proficiency through approved coursework and will no longer require CSETs for admission to our Multiple Subject, Dual, and Educational Specialist programs.
We are now accepting final student teaching applications from all students who are currently in our program as well as students who have been out for only one semester. Students who have been out for more than one semester are eligible to reapply next fall for Spring 2019 Admission.
Students who do not have a degree in Liberal Studies (Spring 2016 or later) will still need CSETs to demonstrate subject matter proficiency.
If you are eligible for Fall 2018 without reapplying to the University you may now register for final student teaching.
- All final student teaching applications are now done on Tk20 (fresnostate.tk20.com). If you do not have a Tk20 account you will submit an Admissions application -- this will enable you to submit the application without having to pay for the program. Instructions on completing the application can be found here. If you have any questions about TK20 please read these Student Resources.
- Please understand that we will make every effort to place you, however, we cannot guarantee that you will receive your first choice of grade level of district.
If you need to reapply to the University in order to be readmitted to the Multiple Subject credential program, please begin the process early. Spring 2019 applications will be accepted next fall.
We only accept COMPLETE application packets.
COMPLETE application Packets MUST include:
- Cal State Apply Online Application
- Program Application Form
- Advising Form
- Medical Clearance Form
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Basic Skills scores, i.e.CBEST*
- CSET scores or Subject Matter Proficiency Form*
- Certificate of Clearance
- Pre-Program Field Experience (EHD 50 or Equivalent)
*For information on free CBEST and CSET test preparation through Fresno Unified School District, click here.
Pre-Admission Disclosure: Admission into programs leading to licensure and credentialing does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or credential. Licensure and credentialing requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the CSU and requirements can change at any time. For example, licensure or credentialing requirements can include evidence of the right to work in the United States (e.g., social security number or tax payer identification number) or successfully passing a criminal background check. Students are responsible for determining whether they can meet licensure or credentialing requirements. The CSU will not refund tuition, fees, or any associated costs, to students who determine subsequent to admission that they cannot meet licensure or credentialing requirements. Information concerning licensure and credentialing requirements are available from Sherri Nakashima, firstname.lastname@example.org, 559.278.0300.