Interested in learning more about earning an Ed.D.?
Send us an email at email@example.com and we will provide you with more information.
Admission and Application Information
Fall 2019 Applications open October 1, 2018. Second round of application reviews start April 1, 2019.
- Apply to Fresno State's Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership at www.calstate.edu/apply.
- Submit your completed Supplemental Ed.D. Application.
The Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership may admit only candidates who meet the academic requirements for the Ed.D. degree program and who possess personal qualities and professional experiences that suggest a strong potential for success as doctoral candidates and as educational leaders. Meeting the minimum requirements qualifies an individual for consideration, but does not guarantee admission to the Program. Admission will be granted on a competitive basis.
The Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership requires the following of all applicants for admission to the doctoral program:
- An earned baccalaureate degree and master’s degree from accredited institutions of higher education with a grade point average in upper division and graduate studies of 3.0 or above;
- Sufficient preparation and graduate training and experience pertinent to educational leadership to benefit from the Program;
- Submission of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores on the Verbal, Quantitative, and Written (see Policy on Ed.D. Graduate Entrance Writing Requirement) GRE tests, taken within the last five years;
- Demonstrated educational leadership potential and skills including successful experience in school, postsecondary, community, and/or policy leadership;
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to the leadership, ability, and scholarship of the candidate;
- A written statement of purpose reflecting an understanding of the challenges facing the public schools or community colleges/institutions of higher education in California;
- Professional resume, including whether the applicant has proficiency in a second language;
- Examples of professional writings;
- A statement of support for the candidate’s doctoral studies from her/his employer;
- Response to a writing prompt administered on campus prior to the interview; and,
- Applicants will be invited for a personal interview with the Admissions Committee after a full review of the application.
Other university graduate admissions standards for graduate students also apply to
all Ed.D. candidates.
No more than nine (9) units of transfer and/or California State University, Fresno Extension semester credits may be transferred into the Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership at Fresno State pending review by the director.
Any units accepted by the program director may be counted toward the specialization courses and may not be counted towards completion of the core courses. Courses must be graduate-level courses with a grade of B or better. Course syllabi, catalog descriptions of the courses, and a copy of the transcript showing the posted grades for the courses must be submitted to the program director along with the request to accept the transfer credits.
The California State University has established the CSU Education Doctorate State
University Fee for students enrolled in the Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership.
The CSU Education Doctorate State University Fee rate is linked to the University
of California graduate fee rate and will be subject to the same fee increases assessed
by the University of California.
The CSU Education Doctorate State University Fee rate is currently $6342.50 for the Fall 2018 term. Doctoral students will attend three semester terms per year (fall, spring, and summer). All fees subject to change. Please refer to the following website for more up to date information: http://www.fresnostate.edu/catalog/academic-regulations/fees.html