Graduate Program Application Requirements
MS in Clinical Rehabilitation & Mental Health Counseling
Two applications are required:
- Fresno State (apply at www.calstate.edu/apply)
- Kremen School
The following describes in detail the requirements for the Kremen School application.
Fall 2018 - Cal State Apply and program application deadline - June 1, 2018
MS, Clinical Rehabilitation & Mental Health Counseling
Proof of Application to Fresno State
- Provide copy of Cal State Apply confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Minimum GPA of 3.0
Complete a Statement of Purpose
Provide Three (3) Sealed Letters of Recommendation
Interview with Program Coordinator (if applicable)
If necessary, interviews are conducted as a way of obtaining additional information about potential students to help with program admission decisions.
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE).
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
For information regarding the UDWE, contact the Fresno State Office of Testing Services located in the Family and Food Sciences Building, Room 110 or call 559.278.2457.
Complete Prerequisites from Fresno State with a "C" or better
It is recommended that these courses be completed or in progress prior to applying to the program. Please highlight the courses on your unofficial transcripts. These courses cannot be older than 10 years:
- COUN 174 OR PSYCH 174 - Introduction to Counseling
- COUN 176 -Counseling and Mental Health OR PSYCH 166 - Abnormal Psychology
- ERE 153 - Educational Statistics OR the following Fresno State equivalent courses: PSYCH 144 or 143, SWRK 171 or 176, SOC 125, DS 123, or HS 202.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please click on the forms below:
COUN 174 Substitution Request form
COUN 176 Substitution Request form
ERE 153 Substitution Request form
TOEFL Scores - For international students only
Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential
Advanced Credential Requirements
In addition to the above requirements, credential applicants must provide:
- Evidence of passing the CBEST
- Copy of valid Teaching Credential or Certificate of Clearance