Master of Science in Counseling
Option in Student Affairs and College Counseling
The Option in Student Affairs and College Counseling is a 48-unit program designed for individuals seeking advanced preparation for careers in post-secondary and related settings.
The Student Affairs and College Counseling Option is designed to prepare individuals for employment as student service professionals in four-year university and community college. Graduates with this degree option are prepared for employment in the multi- faceted arena of post-secondary education.
Preparation for the Student Affairs and College Counseling option requires knowledge of individual and group dynamics, advising practices in specialized settings, and an understanding of the developmental issues associated with students' maturation process. It requires an appreciation of organizational dynamics and a firm foundation in counseling theory as well as acquisition of counseling skills appropriate for use with college students from diverse populations and backgrounds.
Possible internship sites or employment sites include:
- Academic Advising Center
- Career Development Center
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- International Student Services & Programs (ISSP)
- Undergraduate Student Recruitment
- College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP)
- University Advising Center
- Transfer Center
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Educational Partnerships
Possible internship or employment institutions include:
- California State University, Fresno
- Barstow Community College
- Clovis Community College
- Fresno City College
- University of California, Merced
- Reedley College