Graduate Program Application Requirements
Two applications are required:
- Fresno State (apply at www.calstate.edu/apply)
- Kremen School
The following describes in detail the requirements for the Kremen School application.
Spring 2019 - Cal State Apply and program application deadline - November 1, 2018
Fall 2019 - Cal State Apply and program application deadline June 1, 2019
MA Education, Early Childhood Education
Proof of Application to Fresno State
- Provide copy of Cal State Apply confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Minimum GPA of 2.75
Complete a Statement of Purpose
Provide Three (3) Sealed Letters of Recommendation
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE).
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
For information regarding the UDWE, contact the Fresno State Office of Testing Services located in the Family and Food Sciences Building, Room 110 or call 559.278.2457.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please complete the Writing Competency Substitution form.
Please contact Program Coordinator, Dr. Heather Horsley for additional program requirements.
TOEFL Score - For international students only
Early Childhood Specialist Credential
Advanced Credential Requirements
In addition to the above requirements, credential applicants:
- Must provide evidence of passing the CBEST.
- Must provide copy of valid California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential.
- Must verify with Program Coodinator your two years of experience at two levels of Early Childhood Education at the time the specialist credential is bestowed (credential only).
- Must be qualified for ECE Master Teaching permit (BA/BS plus 12 units of ECE or Child Development and 3 units of supervised ECE Fieldwork or a valid Multiple Subject Teaching Credential). Please contact the Program Coordinator for additional information.