Graduate Program Application Requirements
Applications may be submitted by:
Email- application, letters of recommendation and supporting documents my be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your recommender would prefer to keep their letter confidential, they may email the letter and rubric directly to email@example.com. A copy of the rubric may be downloaded here. Please have your recommender put your name in the subject line.
Mail - applications may be mailed to:Kremen School of Education and Human Development Center for Advising and Student Services Attn: Renee Petch 5005 N. Maple Ave. M/S 301 Fresno, CA 93740
Two applications are required:
- Fresno State (apply at www.calstate.edu/apply) **if you are a current post baccalaureate student at Fresno State, you do not need to apply to the university, you need to submit a Major Change form requesting to add to your current program.
- Kremen School - link to program application provided below
The following describes in detail the requirements for the Kremen School application.
Fall 2020 - Cal State Apply and program application deadline - Closed
Spring 2021 - Cal State Apply and program application deadline - November 1
MA Education, Early Childhood Education
Proof of Application to Fresno State
- Provide copy of Cal State Apply confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Minimum GPA of 2.75
Complete a Statement of Purpose
Provide Three (3) Sealed Letters of Recommendation
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE)
as an undergraduate.
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please complete the Writing Competency Substitution form.
Please contact Program Coordinator, Dr. Heather Horsley for additional program requirements.
TOEFL Score - For international students only
Early Childhood Specialist Credential
Advanced Credential Requirements
In addition to the above requirements, credential applicants:
- Must provide evidence of passing the CBEST.
- Must provide copy of valid California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential.
- Must verify with Program Coodinator your two years of experience at two levels of Early Childhood Education at the time the specialist credential is bestowed (credential only).
- Must be qualified for ECE Master Teaching permit (BA/BS plus 12 units of ECE or Child Development and 3 units of supervised ECE Fieldwork or a valid Multiple Subject Teaching Credential). Please contact the Program Coordinator for additional information.