Graduate Program Application Requirements
Applications may be submitted by:
Email - application, letters of recommendation and supporting documents may be emailed directly to email@example.com. If your recommender would prefer to keep their letter confidential, they may email the letter and rubric directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the rubric may be downloaded here. Please be sure to have your recommender put your name in the subject line.
Mail- applications may be mailed to:Kremen School of Education and Human Development Center for Advising and Student Services Attn: Renee Petch 5005 N. Maple Ave. M/S 301 Fresno, CA 93740
Two applications are required:
- Fresno State (apply at www.calstate.edu/apply)
- Kremen School
The following describes in detail the requirements for the Kremen School application.
Fall 2020 - Cal State Apply and program application deadline - Closed
MA, Teaching (online)
Proof of Application to Fresno State
- Provide copy of Cal State Apply confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Minimum GPA of 2.75
Complete a Statement of Purpose
Provide copy of Reflection or report scores (TPA, PACT, FAST, etc.)
You must meet this requirement by submitting one of the following:
- Report final scores on the TPA, PACT, FAST, etc. Provide your scores for Tasks 1-4 on the program application and your signature to authorize the Program Coordinator to access and verify the scores.
- Provide a copy of the Teaching/Learning Reflection or provide the Table of Contents from your Credential Portfolio, BTSA Portfolio, etc.
Provide Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE)
as an undergraduate.
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
Copy of Valid Teaching Credential or Private School Employee Contract
You must have access to a classroom to be in this program. Because of the rigor of the MAT program, first-year teachers with BTSA obligations are encouraged to wait until at least the second year of teaching to participate in this program.