The program is a 60-unit program that seeks to approximately 30 students per year and takes an average of 5 semesters (2.5 years) to complete. Average cost to complete the program is $19,000 over a period of 2.5 years.
Student outcomes are evaluated each year using field-site evaluation and learning objective rubrics as a part of overall program evaluation. The Program has a U.S. Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) training grant that generates an average of $130,000 annually for student support in the form of four (4) semesters of paid tuition, professional development, and related expenses.
We encourage and support students to present at regional, state, and national rehabilitation counseling conferences. In the 2015-2016 academic year we provided funds to nine CRMHC students so that they could attend and present at national conferences (e.g., ACA, NCRE, NAMRC).
Last year students presented at a multitude of conferences which included the: the National Council on Rehabilitation Education (NCRE) Conference in April 2016 in Newport Beach, CA, the NCRE Conference in October 2015 in Arlington, VA, the National Association of Multicultural and Rehabilitation Concerns in New Orleans, LA in July 2016 and the American Counseling Association Conference in April 2017 in San Francisco, CA. Please contact Vanessa Navarro for additional information: email@example.com
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL CLINICAL COUNSELOR (LPCC)
Recently, the State of California passed statutory requirements for the Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) credential in which students have taken additional units and met criteria toward this license. Please visit the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for more information: http://www.bbs.ca.gov/
Currently, the graduate program has a total of 97 students. Admission rates have been healthy over the past five years taking in 42 students in 2017-2018, 29 students in 2016-2017, 41 students in 2015-2016, 30 students in 2014-2015, and 20 students in 2013-2014.
During the 2016-2017 academic year (AY), a total of 24 students graduated from the program
- In 2015-2016, 21 students graduated.
- In 2014-2015, 33 students graduated.
- In 2013-2014, 25 students graduated and in 2012-2013, 35 students graduated.
All students passed their clinical coursework (100%).
- 2016-2017 AY, 91% of students passed the comprehensive examination on the first attempt and 100% passed on the second.
- In the 2015-2016 AY, 69% of students passed the comprehensive examination on the first attempt and 100% passed on the second attempt.
- In 2014-2015 AY, 63% of students passed the comprehensive examination on the first attempt and 100% passed on their second attempt.
- 58 percent (58%) of last year's graduates completed the program with the master's degree and the Certified Rehabilitation Counseling (CRC) credential.
Approximately, 90% of graduates from the program find employment within six months of completion.