Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Liberal Studies and Credential Advising

Advisors are available 12 months of the year to assist current students regarding the Liberal Studies major, as well as the Multiple Subject Credential (elementary teaching), Single Subject Credential (middle and high school teaching), and the Education Specialist Credential (special education teaching) programs.

It is important to note that even though guidance is provided by advisors, awareness and completion of all requirements for graduation is ultimately the student's responsibility. 

Liberal Studies Advising

Navigating through the Liberal Studies program can be complex. Students are encouraged to meet with any of our Liberal Studies advisors at least once a semester to ensure steady and accurate progress toward graduation.

Prospective students seeking admission to Fresno State should contact University Outreach Services to meet with a counselor. They will discuss how to apply, what their options are, and all of the basics in how to get started at Fresno State. Online advising and campus tours are also available through University Outreach Services.

Kremen School Outreach Liaison
Jesse Farias

For more information

Credential Advising

Students pursuing a Multiple Subject (elementary teaching) and/or Education Specialist (special eduction teaching) credential receive advising in the Education Student Services Center, located in room 100 of the Education building.

All Liberal Studies advisors provide information regarding various ways to complete the Multiple Subject and Education Specialist credential programs. In addition, assistance is provided to explain the structure of the programs, filing deadlines, and admission requirements including needed examinations and prerequisites.

After completing your credential program, you will need to submit an application for your teaching or services credential to the Credential Analyst in the Kremen School, ED 100. Do not send the Fresno State application directly to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC); you must apply through Fresno State. For application requirements, click here.


Students approaching graduation can find information regarding the graduation application process, activities, and commencement by accessing Crossing the Finish LineLiberal Studies students should apply for graduation during the first four weeks of the semester that they plan to graduate. You can apply for graduation on your student portal at After applying for graduation, schedule an appointment with a Liberal Studies advisor to complete your Major Approval.