Teacher Internship Program
The Teacher Internship Program (TIP) allows emerging teachers to earn an intern salary as they complete student teaching. The Teacher Internship Program partners with county offices of education and school districts throughout Central California to develop highly qualified teachers.
The TIP is a two semester program which allows students who are completing student teaching to work as a contracted (paid) teacher under an Internship Credential. Typically, Interns find their own job placement in a public or charter school. The TIP staff refers students for employment in high-need subject areas.
- Fresno State's Teacher Internship Program program provides Intern Teaching Credentials
in the areas of:
- Multiple Subject
- Single Subject
- Education Specialist (special education)
- The opportunity to complete student teaching and a preliminary credential while working as a paid Intern, at a slightly reduced salary.
- Online seminars and trainings which support professional development.
- One-on-one experience with a University Supervisor and a school site Cooperating Teacher for instructional support.
- The opportunity to develop a life-long collegial teacher network to enrich your teaching skills as an Intern and beyond.