The Fresno State DISCOVERe program is a priority initiative designed to foster a learning environment that is inclusive and engages students to improve their success in the classroom. DISCOVERe has been effective in breaking down the digital divide and reducing equity gaps by providing students who enroll in DISCOVERe courses with access to the latest technology tools and devices at no additional cost.
Course sections will be offered as mobile device only courses. These DISCOVERe courses
have been redesigned to offer students an enhanced learning experience. The mobile
devices will offer students portability, convenience, and teaching materials anywhere
anytime. When registering for classes, these courses will be denoted as a "DISCOVERe
No-cost or low-cost options for high-speed internet access are listed below for your consideration:
- Resource for Broadband Internet based on zip code
- Under the direction of the Office of Community and Economic Development (OCED), the Fresno State Connect Initiative provides outreach to the community, and promotes awareness of programs that can provide low-cost internet services. Students are encouraged to call 855.456.9995 for additional information.
- Comcast has provided up to 60 days of complimentary high-speed internet access and for $9.99 a month thereafter.
- AT&T is offering low-cost wireline home internet service to qualifying households.
- Charter Communications offers free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new-student households.
- Altice Usa is offering free broadband for K-12 and college students during this time.
- T-Mobile is providing wireless devices and service plans for K-12 students in eligible schools through the EmpowerED 2.0 Program.
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) - Lifeline is the FCC's program to help make communications services more affordable for low-income consumers. Lifeline provides subscribers a discount on monthly telephone service, broadband Internet access service, or voice-broadband bundled service purchased from participating providers.
Damaged or Stolen Devices
iPad/Hotspot Request or Return Links
Students, check out these links for using Zoom:
Learn more about our device deployment program here
Learn about our hub trainings
Connect to Eduroam
Technology is how we live. It's how we communicate, learn, work and play. That's why Fresno State is using technology to enhance the academic experience through the DISCOVERe and CSUCCESS Programs.
Launched in the Fall of 2014, DISCOVERe infuses mobile technology into the classroom experience, providing students with engaging material through the use of laptops, tablets or smartphones. By integrating technology throughout the academic experience, students can master digital literacy skills that are becoming increasingly critical for jobs in today's workplace.
A DISCOVERe mobile technology class means knowledge is at your fingertips. According
to research, it also has the potential to:
● Lower course materials cost
● Make group projects/collaboration easier
● Make learning interactive through apps
● Improve efficiency
● Increase digital skills for career development
This program also provides faculty with the opportunity to transform the classroom experience and empower students to learn in new, interactive ways.
1. When you're registering for classes, register for courses that are tagged as DISCOVERe.
2. If you already have a tablet or mobile device, check if it meets the specifications for the course.
3. If you need a tablet or mobile device, you can purchase one at the Kennel Bookstore.
Alternatively, you can borrow one through the loaner program.
Students are encouraged to attend class BEFORE purchasing a tablet or mobile device.
For tech questions or to learn more, visit the DISCOVERe Hub on the first floor of the Henry Madden Library or call 559.278.1812.