Dr. Chadley James, has an M.S. in Clinical Criminology from the University of Leicester, UK and a Ph.D. in Victimology from Tokiwa University, Japan. His research focuses on the intersection of culture and victimization, developing and evaluating victim assistance programs for marginalized populations, along with developing better training programs for victim assistance personal working with victims of violent crime. Dr. James is the recipient of the 2015 World Society of Victimology (WSV) Beniamin Mendelsohn Young Victimologist Award and is the organizing Co-Director of the two-week Postgraduate Course in Victimology, Victim Assistance and Criminal Justice held every year in Dubrovnik, Croatia at the Inter-University Center (IUC) Dubrovnik, and a Co-Director of the African Graduate Course on Victimology and Victim Assistance. He is an Executive Committee member of the WSV (Treasurer), and a part of the UN Liaison committee of the WSV. Dr. James has published in international journals and textbooks and has presented papers at international conferences, courses, and seminars in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States.
Dr. James’ current administrative duties include serving on the University General Education Committee, and the College of Social Science International Committee. He is also the advisor for the American Criminal Justice Association, Lamda Alpha Epsilon, Fresno State Chapter – Phi Omega Alpha.
- Chair of the Scientific Committee: 16th International Symposium of the World Society of Victimology, in Hong Kong,
- Textbook: Victimology and Victim Assistance, SAGE Publications (Co-Author: Dr. Takahashi)
- College of Social Science, California State University, Fresno, Program Grant. “The Influence of High-Profile Police-Citizen Encounters and Police-Community Relations from the Perspective of Law Enforcement Officials”.
- U.S. Department of Justice Grant, "Violent Gang and Gun Crime Reduction Program (Project Safe Neighborhoods)" with Fresno Police Department, U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.
- Bureau of Justice Assistance Smart Prosecution Initiative Grant: Geographic Prosecution: Jackson County Missouri Smart Prosecution Initiative Prosecutor’s Office.
- Family Violence
- Victim Services
- Trauma and Crisis Intervention
- Research Methods
- Victimology and Social Change