NOTE: Criminology internships are open only to Criminology majors.
CRIM 180 (Internship) General Requirements
1. Completion of the Criminology Student Online Advising is mandatory in order to register in the Internship courses.The online advising can be accessed by logging into Blackboard.
2. Mandatory student attendance at a "pre-orientation" meeting within one year prior to enrolling in a department internship section. This is a great opportunity to take notes and have any questions answered about the Criminology Internship course. See dates below.
Pre-Internship Orientation dates:
|Wednesday, 4.18.18||5:00-7:00 pm||Grosse Industrial Tech 123|
|Thursday, 4.19.18||5:00-7:00 pm||Agricultural Sciences 226|
|Monday, 4.23.18||5:00-7:00 pm||Grosse Industrial Tech 123|
|Tuesday, 4.24.18||5:00-7:00 pm||Agricultural Sciences 226|
The following courses are pre-requisite courses for the internship classes:
CRIM 1, CRIM 2, CRIM 20, CRIM 112
All courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
CRIM 112 may be taken concurrently in the same semester as the internship course.
1: Placement and Discussion of Job Descriptions and Applications
2: Applications and Behavioral Expectations
3: Oral Boards
4: Background Investigations
5: Psychological Testing
6: Final class meeting-all required material must be turned in
You will have the opportunity to sign up for specific agencies during the first scheduled internship meeting, (footnoted in the Schedule of Courses) unless you have already been accepted by an agency on your own efforts. If you find an internship on your own, all internship forms must be completed.
CRIM 180 SAMPLE FORMS (DO NOT USE) forms will be provided through Blackboard once you are enrolled in the
- Student Internship Placement Policy and Procedures (PDF)
- Form D: Intern Midterm Evaluation Questionnaire (PDF)
- Form E: Intern Final Evaluation Questionnaire (PDF)
- Weekly Log (PDF)
- Journal (PDF)
- Student Release Liability and Emergency Contact (PDF)
- Internship Learning Plan Agreement (PDF)
For professional experience substitution consideration, consult your assigned internship faculty prior to or during the first internship meeting. Professional Experience Guidelines.
For more information, please contact the Interim Internship Coordinator, Dr. Otto Schweizer.