Welcome, Returning Students!
The application filing period is October 1st - January 17th for Fall Admission. Returning
student applications are not accepted for the spring semester.
To apply, please visit: www.calstate.edu/apply
Undergraduate Students in Good Academic or Probation Standing
Former Fresno State students who left in good academic standing and are seeking readmission after an absence of two consecutive semesters (summer not included) must reapply for admissions at Cal State Apply. If a returning student attended another college or institution after their last semester at Fresno State official transcripts from those schools must be submitted. Please refer to Deadlines and Important Dates below.
1. No admission requirements are required for returning students in good academic or probation standing since last attended Fresno State.
2. If it has been 5 or more years since you last attended Fresno State submit all transfer transcript(s) such as Fresno City College, Hartnell College, etc.
3. Students who wish to return and pursue a different major must meet the impaction criteria for that major if there is such criteria. If they are returning in the same major, if impacted, they can be readmitted without meeting the impaction criteria.
Undergraduate Students in Academic Disqualification Standing
NOTE: Schedule an appointment with the University Advising Center to verify you meet all readmission eligibility criteria before submitting a Cal State Apply application. The application fee is non-refundable.
Undergraduate students who were academically disqualified from Fresno State and are seeking readmission to the university must meet all eligibility criteria below:
1. Must wait a minimum of 2 semesters before re-applying to Fresno State.
2. Complete all lower-division General Education (GE) requirements before reapplying. Students who have already completed lower division GE courses before being academically disqualified must complete a minimum of 6 units of degree-applicable course work (cannot use summer course work prior to the term student is reapplying).
3. Have graded course work completed by the end of fall 2019 meeting a minimum 2.50 gpa.
4. Complete at least 6 or more units, using a combination of either major or General Education (GE) courses, through Fresno State Open University, or any other regionally accredited institution.
5. Students who wish to return and pursue a different major must meet the impaction criteria for that major if there is such criteria. If they are returning in the same major, if impacted, they can be readmitted without meeting the impaction criteria.
The following steps must be completed by the stated deadlines found under the Deadlines and Important Dates for Returning Undergraduate Students
1. Reapply at Cal State Apply
2. Complete and submit the Readmission Petition
3. Submit official transcripts if any of the below reasons apply:
- Has attended any colleges and/or university since your disqualification (if courses were taken through Continuing and Global Education at Fresno State a transcript is not required)
- Has been 5 or more years since you last attended Fresno State (submit for all institutions, excluding Fresno State)
Deadlines and Important Dates for Undergraduates
|October 1, 2019||Applications accepted at www.calstate.edu/apply|
|January 17, 2020||Deadline to submit the application for Returning & Disqualified students|
|February 1, 2020||RETURNING STUDENT DOCUMENT DEADLINE
Official transcripts, residency information (if required) and Readmission Petitions for disqualified students must be received by this date
|June 30, 2020||FINAL OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT DEADLINE
Deadline to receive final transcripts showing completed spring 2020 grade(s)
Next Steps for Returning Students
Admitted students with spring course(s) in-progress must submit official transcript(s) with final grade(s) posted by the document deadline. Refer to the “Deadlines and Important Dates for Undergraduates."
Note: If all outstanding official transcript(s) are not received with all final spring grade(s) by the document deadline your admission status is subject to be rescinded.
Before the final approval of your readmission, the committee requested that you meet specific conditions. A registration hold will be placed on your record and will not be removed until Admissions receive your final transcript(s) for the outstanding in-progress course work. Once your official transcript(s) demonstrate successful completion of the committee’s conditions, your registration hold will be removed and you will be eligible to register for your fall 2020 course(s).
Fully AdmittedAdmitted students will need to check their MyFresnoState student portal at https://my.fresnostate.edu under the Student Self Service, then click on Student Center to the view enrollment date. Admitted students with spring course(s) in-progress must submit official transcript(s) with final grade(s) posted by the document deadline. Refer to the “Deadlines and Important Dates for Undergraduates."
Disqualified Graduate and Credential Students
Graduate students who were disqualified from Fresno State and are not returning immediately following disqualification must:
- Re-apply at Cal State Apply and
- Contact the Division of Research and Graduate Studies to petition to return to Fresno State.
Credential students who were disqualified from Fresno State and are not returning immediately following disqualification must:
1. Reapply at Cal State Apply and
2. Contact the Center for Advising and Student Services in the Kremen School of Education and Human Development to obtain the petition form and meet with a credential program coordinator.
For more information regarding readmission or academic standing, please visit the university catalog.