Welcome Home Initiative- Upper Division Transfer
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Students will not be considered for Nursing or Social WorkOverview
The Welcome Home Initiative is a new admissions program that targets transfer students enrolled at a 4-year college/university outside the area who have now returned home due to COVID-19. If they meet the criteria, we will provide an option to enroll at Fresno State for the fall semester 2020.
In order to qualify for the Welcome Home Initiative, students must meet the criteria below:
- The student must currently reside in one of the following four counties: Fresno, Kings, Tulare, and Madera.
- The student must have attended an accredited four-year university outside of the four counties listed above during the Spring 2020 term.
- The student must make a phone or Zoom appointment with a Recruitment staff at http://explore.fresnostate.edu/arappointmentrequestform/inquiryform. Please specify the “Welcome Home Initiative” on the appointment request form.
- After meeting with a Recruitment staff, the student must submit a complete appeal.
A complete appeal consists of:
- The signed appeal form http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/are/documents/forms/Admissions-Appeal.pdf
- The student's personal statement
- The copy of the appointment work-up form
- A copy of the student’s unofficial transcript with final fall 2019 and spring 2020 grades, or in-progress courses if the student is still enrolled for the spring or summer terms.
- A copy of the student’s unofficial AP scores if needed to satisfy admission requirements for Fresno State (The student will need to order official AP scores if the appeal is approved)
- Meet the CSU Upper Division Transfer admission requirements found at http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/are/futurestudent/transfer/requirements.html or meet the special COVID-19 guidelines provided by the CSU http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/are/coronavirusadmissionsguidance.html.
- Fresno State is an impacted campus and admission to some programs will require a higher GPA. To review Fresno State’s selection process and impaction admission GPA thresholds click on this link http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/are/futurestudent/transfer/fall-transferselection.html
- Students cannot apply and will not be admitted to Nursing or Social Work.
"Welcome Home Initiative” Admissions Step by Step Guide for Upper Division Students
The steps below outline the process for assisting and admitting upper-division transfer students who meet the requirements for the Welcome Home initiative. Students must complete all of the following and submit their Cal State Application by June 30, 2020.
Step by Step process for Upper Division Transfer Students
- The student is highly encouraged to attend one of the weekly webinars hosted by Admissions and Recruitment to find out more about this program and determine if they are eligible.
- The student must schedule a phone or Zoom appointment with a Recruitment counselor. Click on this link http://explore.fresnostate.edu/arappointmentrequestform/inquiryform to schedule an appointment. Select “Welcome Home Initiative” under Appointment Reason when requesting your appointment.
- After meeting with your Recruitment counselor, the student must submit a complete
appeal to apply late to the Recruitment staff with whom you have worked. The appeal
packet must include:
- The Admissions Appeal Form http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/are/documents/forms/Admissions-Appeal.pdf
- The student’s personal statement
- The Recruitment Transfer Worksheet completed at the time of the appointment with the Recruitment staff
- Unofficial college transcripts with final grades for fall 2019 and spring 2020 or, if the student is still enrolled for spring and summer, the transcript must show all courses in progress*
- Unofficial AP scores if required to meet the admissions requirements for Fresno State*
- *Must be PDF printouts from the student’s portal or account and must clearly identify the student. No screenshots or pictures will be accepted.
- Upon review and approval of the appeal by the committee, an invitation code will be emailed to the student with directions on how to apply.
- The student must submit their application within 48 hours of receiving the invitation code.
- If the student is admitted prior to June 1, 2020, the student will be required to accept their admission and register for Dog Days session (mandatory new student orientation) by the deadline of June 1, 2020. If the student is admitted after June 1, 2020, a Dog Days will be assigned to the student according to their major and they will be informed of the date by Dog Days
- The student will be required to attend their mandatory Dog Days.
- All required final official documents are due by July 15 with a possibility of extending to fall 2020 as specified by the new CSU guideline (Official final transcripts and official AP test scores if applicable)